tell me about your V85tt ownership

Just got back from the test ride. The bike fitted me like a glove. The riding position for me was spot on. I found the clutch reasonably light which is important for me as I have reduced grip in my left hand and I can toil in heavy stop start traffic. The bike was certainly fast enough and I found plenty of shove when in 4th gear to overtake slower traffic. The engine was torquier than I expected, the demo bike had 8,700 miles on the clock so was loosening up nicely.
I was aware of vibrations at times but it wasn't particularly intrusive and I enjoyed it, the mirrors weren't too badly affected by it. The fastest speed I attained was about 85mph whilst overtaking some cars (on a private road obviously) but for the most part I stayed(ish) within the speed limits and was rewarded with an average of 62mpg for the two hour trip The handling was so much better than my T120 which I find slow to turn in unless consciously counter steering. I found the Guzzi easier to ride on the twisty bumpy roads, the suspension was supple absorbing the bumps well ( I've no idea what setting it was on).
The V85tt more than lived up to my expectations, and confirmed many of the positive qualities mentioned by several owners. I'm actually struggling to finding something negative about it, OK maybe the digital dashboard/instrument console is a bit too Hi Tech for a luddite like me.
I've accepted a deal which includes delivery and a free set of panniers, and they're fitting a centre stand, engine bars and heated grips, and it's going to be a sexy blue and white bike with the red frame. Delivery expected in a few weeks.......happy days.
Nice one Al👍, you can tell me all about over a glass of Chianti Classico🍷and a bag of chips next week.😊

Congratulations on your new V85TT Al. It's an easy motorcycle to live with because it does so many things, I like mine more every time I ride it.

Congrats Al, that new colour scheme is stunning and you are getting the best extras fitted
On the display, switch it to night setting and leave it at that.... much easier on the eye

Just got back from the test ride. The bike fitted me like a glove. The riding position for me was spot on. I found the clutch reasonably light which is important for me as I have reduced grip in my left hand and I can toil in heavy stop start traffic. The bike was certainly fast enough and I found plenty of shove when in 4th gear to overtake slower traffic. The engine was torquier than I expected, the demo bike had 8,700 miles on the clock so was loosening up nicely.
I was aware of vibrations at times but it wasn't particularly intrusive and I enjoyed it, the mirrors weren't too badly affected by it. The fastest speed I attained was about 85mph whilst overtaking some cars (on a private road obviously) but for the most part I stayed(ish) within the speed limits and was rewarded with an average of 62mpg for the two hour trip The handling was so much better than my T120 which I find slow to turn in unless consciously counter steering. I found the Guzzi easier to ride on the twisty bumpy roads, the suspension was supple absorbing the bumps well ( I've no idea what setting it was on).
The V85tt more than lived up to my expectations, and confirmed many of the positive qualities mentioned by several owners. I'm actually struggling to finding something negative about it, OK maybe the digital dashboard/instrument console is a bit too Hi Tech for a luddite like me.
I've accepted a deal which includes delivery and a free set of panniers, and they're fitting a centre stand, engine bars and heated grips, and it's going to be a sexy blue and white bike with the red frame. Delivery expected in a few weeks.......happy days.
welcome to the V85TT fold.

Congrats Al, that new colour scheme is stunning and you are getting the best extras fitted
On the display, switch it to night setting and leave it at that.... much easier on the eye

Top Tip that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The superb V85TT Guardia D'Onore in its preferred habitat...... the Scottish Highlands 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
2610b26348a34c85efb0924490d871a4.jpg

C'mon Al, Where's the pics of the new steed? I just had 3 days riding round the big Scottish lochs (and glens) the V85TT was impeccable
44c33b569015b1ce17eb0be891e635be.jpg

I got the bike delivered on Thursday, so managed to pop out after my tea (dinner to the soft southern middle classes) and had a short local run. Then on Friday afternoon Stu came over so we hit the delights of Southport surf city via some country back roads. Total so far a pathetic 85miles. Today it's pissing down here, but if it's nice tomorrow morning I'm planning on heading out by 7am to rack a few miles up before the weather gets shitty in the afternoon. I've fitted a Pyramid front hugger and a small Pelicase to the rack.
The only pictures so far are these when it arrived. Might take some tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2023 MG V85tt 1.jpg
    2023 MG V85tt 1.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 2023 MG V85tt 2.jpg
    2023 MG V85tt 2.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 56
  • pelicase v85tt.jpg
    pelicase v85tt.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Love that colour scheme, suits the bike, think I'd get a bit fed up with the McDonald's scheme. Running in is not too bad, can cruise at legal speeds, I set the flashy lights at 6800 revs after running in and just leave in Sport mode. I'm loving the bike more than I thought I would

1700 miles on my 85tt adventure it’s running in nicely particularly after the first service. I run it in sport mode all the time it has enough grunt for what I need. Returning over 60 mpg .So far I’ve added the capanord front mudguard and fender extender .A rear hugger, Givi top box , screen deflector, hand guard extenders , charge lead ……. Oh and a good coating of Acf 50
I love it’s handling and much lighter weight than the 1200 rt it replaces .
Mods from the forums include the rear seat catch cable tie hack to stop the cable detaching when the seats locked.Next up larger washers on the exhaust guards to stop the holes enlarging

Attachments

• 17AFCD23-2EE6-43EC-A67A-A5A09F215C1E.jpeg
    17AFCD23-2EE6-43EC-A67A-A5A09F215C1E.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 48
Can I just step

I got the bike delivered on Thursday, so managed to pop out after my tea (dinner to the soft southern middle classes) and had a short local run. Then on Friday afternoon Stu came over so we hit the delights of Southport surf city via some country back roads. Total so far a pathetic 85miles. Today it's pissing down here, but if it's nice tomorrow morning I'm planning on heading out by 7am to rack a few miles up before the weather gets shitty in the afternoon. I've fitted a Pyramid front hugger and a small Pelicase to the rack.
The only pictures so far are these when it arrived. Might take some tomorrow.
That's what you think. I snapped this on McDonald's car park:unsure: near Southport.
I hold my hands up and take the blame. I wanted an iced coffee and signalled for us to pull in. Oh the shame :tears
Nice bike, shame about the location. :beerjug:

IMG_20230707_152428895_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom