The mighty Himalayan has seen me branded a criminal…..

Wapping

Reaction score
Notice of execution, issued by Essex plod, for hitting 48 mph in the temporary speed restrictions on the A12 at Ingatestone. 40 mph is the number in the book apparently.
The all seeing eye has you in its sights.

Notice of execution, issued by Essex plod, for hitting 48 mph in the temporary speed restrictions on the A12 at Ingatestone. 40 mph is the number in the book apparently.
The all seeing eye has you in its sights.
For some months, the camera gantries on the A12 there had "camera not in use" signs at their base. I saw the signs had gone when I last went down that way.

I went in person, I’d have fallen asleep on Zoom.
A great deal of what they had to say many bikers do as a matter of course.
If they didn’t they’d no longer be with us!

You should get the speeding ticket laminated and display it on your himmy :D
The A12 in Essex is flat.

That means it was 48 without the pull of gravity to assist. I shall go to the magistrates and tell them that they should award me a medal.

have you not been offered naughty boy speeding school ?

Will you have to pay victim surcharge for frightening the good people of Essex?

Many years ago a friend who had a heap of a scooter, got pulled by a plod with a zapp gun for doing 50mph in a 40 zone. This was about 100yds from a set of lights that he had been stationary at.
He handed said plod the scooter and told him to go back to the lights and manage to get to 40 on it, let alone 50. The offer was declined and he was told to go on his way:DD:DD

Sorry to hear that, but I always suspected you had a dark side to you....

You are not entirely alone though; last Saturday, I was out with my other half (heading to Heathfield on the B2096) and were somewhat baulked by 3 cars making a poor attempt at overtaking a group of around 15 lycra-clad cyclists. Once they had eventually passed them, the lead car was still being driven in an indecisive way, so she decided to go for the overtake, passing all 3 in one move towards the end of a 40 limit..

She hadn't, however, spotted the Rozzers, that joined the road some distance behind us, who pulled us both over for a 'friendly' chat a mile or so up the road. No points or threat of a speed awareness course though. :D

Last time I got pulled for speeding, I was (ahem) going a little bit too fast to qualify for a speed awareness course, so I admitted the offence and took the fine/points. I was averaged on VASCAR at within 1 mph under the threshold of a mandatory magistrates appearance.

Cred to the Himmy for being so badass.

You might get away with a speed awareness course if you're lucky.

I received a speeding ticket on my Himalayan in Cambridgeshire, if the force area makes a difference. The rule of thumb was 10% + 3mph before you hit prosecution. I was doing 36 in a 30 so just snuck in for a speed awareness course.

Not so lucky doing 38 in the car 18 months later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom