Probably my first 'chosen myself' watch - at 16ish

Had it on a fat-leather strap.

Never looked back.........;)

Attachments

• Timex.jpg
    Timex.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 282
I appear in it, twice :p

Worked there for 11 years, stood on the picket line the whole 9 months, the feeling of bitterness to scabs never leaves you, 27 years later.

I'll also add, the day Tommy Sheridan came, the day of the biggest crowds at the gate was that once in a lifetime moment of....WTF ! :eek:

Interesting share, thanks Blackal :thumb

had family and friends work there for years, nothing ever lasts forever, NCR in Dundee has almost disappeared, whating it im sure a worker or trade unionist mentioned they were wanting to take away our canteen subsidies.........surely at times people have got to look long term and give up little benifits they've gotten over the years.

The problem is it was low quality stuff, they weren’t even jewelled, poor watches for poor people, they were never going to survive competition from the east, I owned a few ;)

The problem is it was low quality stuff, they weren’t even jewelled, poor watches for poor people, they were never going to survive competition from the east, I owned a few ;)

They are still made today, in the Philippines. The ultimate owner of the company, is Fred Olsen, the Norwegian shipping line bods. They were an American company anyway.

They are still made today, in the Philippines. The ultimate owner of the company, is Fred Olsen, the Norwegian shipping line bods. They were an American company anyway.

It was a well liked brand,for people who just liked to be able to tell the time

I remember when I was a kid the adverts outside of jewlers, watches bought and sold, no Timex, and going in and asking why.

Always much more popular in the US.

My first watch as a small boy was a Timex, as was my sister’s. I wonder what happened to it.

Always much more popular in the US.

My first watch as a small boy was a Timex, as was my sister’s. I wonder what happened to it.

Mine was a Timex Micky mouse watch, with Micky as the second hand, it fell in the fire, and the second hand melted, but the watch still worked.

Great watches and funny enough its awe we ever wore grown up in dundee, although how many we actually bought is questionable :green gri

Jezus fucking Christ, what century are you people in, they stopped producing watches in Dundee in the early 80's, this happened in 93.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom