Top box Adapter Plate

I’m in the same position with the same plastic rack. GIVI are releasing SR5143 which is a replacement rack at £172, though not available just yet. It then needs a plate (M8B)to go on that.

Edit
Just read the @Smartbazza post, I’ll have investigate that.

Last edited:
Si Rich,

i purchased the Givi SR5143 rear rack arms and an M8B plate for it that replaces that handrail. bought including delivery from Carpi Moto on Saturday for E215 (bargain) and delivered yesterday - just need a bike now!

Barry
I’ve just tried a few times to order and the website just shows error when I go to order. Did you have any problems? Which country did you order from.

Evening,

No issues ordering at my end. Simples. I’m in Northern Ireland which deems most things a bollix, this was easy. Note the rack support and plate were £192 delivered!

Barry

Soooo,whats the part number of the bmw metal rack needed to mount the givi plate? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Yes givi box,I'm probably being thick but the link is to various parts,thanks for the help so far

Yes givi box,I'm probably being thick but the link is to various parts,thanks for the help so far

Just scroll down and choose the one that suits your needs

Here’s one without the loom, the reference is at the bottom 77445A9D5E7

Tbh I'm asking for a mate,so the standard bike would just need that givi plate and we're good to go?

Standard bike needs the givi rack support to fit the plate onto. If the bike has been ordered with the optional metal rack then a specific plate only is needed.

Barry

Why would you buy the BMW rack and plate at great expense to mount a GIVI box?
Just order the GIVI SR5143 rack with an M8 plate.
Nice rack , just retro fitted this with the Sw motech top box plate and the side carriers , close fit but looks great , better than the original Sw motech adventure rack. Im pleased as love the Trax range.

Stick

Pictures please of the rack you fitted instead of the sw motech adv rack….
And why the other rack is better…..
I’m trying to sort my options for when the 1300 gets delivered.
I want to be able to fit the sow motech side racks to fit kreiga soft luggage as I already have that…. And need to know I can fit these with the Givi rack ( I have a Givi top box already, so will keep that I hope)
Or can I fit the Givi top box on the sw motech adventure rack?

Thanks

Nice rack , just retro fitted this with the Sw motech top box plate and the side carriers , close fit but looks great , better than the original Sw motech adventure rack. Im pleased as love the Trax range.
Photos ? 😊

IMG_2935.jpeg
Not the best shots as not out side , better than the SW motech one , just clean the back end up , plus no plastic lunch box

Attachments

• IMG_2934.jpeg
    IMG_2934.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2933.jpeg
    IMG_2933.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 25
Stick

Thanks. Good to know it’ll fit with the sw motech quick release side racks.
I might have to go this route to be able to fit my Givi top box….

Stick

Thanks. Good to know it’ll fit with the sw motech quick release side racks.
I might have to go this route to be able to fit my Givi top box….
I did need need to make an adapter plate for the motech top plate but as you say with the givvi top mount , win win , it’s tight , but works and looks more like the original bike with the pillion kit on , as I liked the look but not the top box , and also the side mounts being removable it’s perfect .

Think I will just fit the sw motech adv rack and side rails….. at least I know that they should fit properly together.

Then just use my Givi top box on the adventure rack.

Stick, thanks for taking the time to take the photos and post them up here for me.
Ride safe

Back
Top Bottom