torx bit

Doc

Ey Up
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Nov 22, 2018
Messages
24,260
Reaction score
29,682
Location
Slawit
hi,Could anyone tell me what size torx socket i need to get my back wheel off please
 
Mine is T50, assume all models are the same
 
Even easier as source of torques is the owner's handbook which comes with the bike. :P

Off the top of my head, it's 60 Nm. I usually do 40Nm, cross-wise, then crank up the wrench to the full 60. Yee haw!

And sir wins a mars bar, and that 40 cross wise is the way to go............:D
 
Erm..Torque wrench.I aint got one :rolleyes: I just guessed
 
Must admit to tightening them up to as tight as i could get them.

A mech I once knew didn't use torque wrenches...said that "experience had taught" him when tight enough was tight enough....hmmmmmm. Back wheel bolts needed to be, in techy terms "FT" tight. Cross-wise first, then each done up "FT".
 


Back
Top Bottom