Touratech 41 lt tank.

Emm

Member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Apr 23, 2021
Messages
50
Reaction score
53
Location
Ireland
Hi all, looking for some guidance from members who have fitted the big TT tank. I found a tank recently local to me in Ireland which is probably a small miracle, I was looking for an adventure tank but this popped up and was cheaper and less damaged than the usual GSA ones, also the colour is a good match for my silver bike. It didn’t come with any hardware so will use the ones I have. As the tanks are long finished being sold there’s no extra fixings available like the pickup extension and float arm.
Will I get a good usable fuel range by just moving the fuel assembly plate one turn anticlockwise so the fuel pump pickup runs lower in the tank or am I better trying to make up some sort of extension pipe to the fuel pickup and leavening the plate in the original oem position. I want to be able to swap out the tanks when needed so the least amount of changes the better. I presume if I rotate the assembly plate one turn to lower the pump pickup the float arm will read very inaccurately and I will have to bend the float arm down a good bit to try and make it read better, would that be correct ? Thanks for any help.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1200.jpeg
    IMG_1200.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1202.jpeg
    IMG_1202.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1227.jpeg
    IMG_1227.jpeg
    919.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    868.8 KB · Views: 132
Sparkplug has an 85 litre tank on his! :D
The thing is mahoosive.
 
That’s a cracking find - can’t help with the tech info but my word that’s a large tank!
 
That’s a cracking find - can’t help with the tech info but my word that’s a large tank!
Yep I was lucky ! With the price of petrol now I won’t be brimming it every time 🤣
 
Very surprised a how light it feels empty, probably a very different matter with 40 litres of fuel in it but the main lobes are very low which must help with centre of gravity.
 
Good find!
No idea about the pump and float assy.
I have a standard adventure tank (32liter or how ever many) with the small tank pump and float, so the level indication is not accurate.
I Know that from full i can cimfotably get 550km.
I reset the trip meter at each fill and cross check between the RID and Km.
 
Steptoe is the man for this conundrum.

Smashing find by the way.

I'd imagine your arse cheeks would turn Baboon red and you'd be walking like John Wayne if you tried to empty that tank without stopping. 😇
 
Steptoe is the man for this conundrum.

Smashing find by the way.

I'd imagine your arse cheeks would turn Baboon red and you'd be walking like John Wayne if you tried to empty that tank without stopping. 😇
You have seen me walking before then have ya 🤣🤣
 
Got the TT tank fitted today. Good bit of hassle getting the fuel pump to fit near the bottom of the tank (you need to rotate the housing one hole down ) and you need to bend the fuel pump housing up a bit or it hits the inside of the tank, so took a while to get that sorted and I added a small extension to the fuel pump pickup so it now sits near the bottom of the tank. This should give a range close to the max capacity and I also drilled a hole in the filler neck to speed up filling and again help with max range. I like the colour the tank was painted and think it suits the sliver bike really well so no need to repaint it just a few small scapes to paint over. Did a 50 mile spin this evening and no leaks etc so happy days and handles just as before 😍
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1288.jpeg
    IMG_1288.jpeg
    795.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1291.jpeg
    IMG_1291.jpeg
    635.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1292.jpeg
    IMG_1292.jpeg
    700.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1289.jpeg
    IMG_1289.jpeg
    804.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Have you filled it up and if so how may litres did it take out of curiosity
 
Just a warning that, if you test brimming it for a reference point, make sure you’ve got a 10 mile or more ride to do immediately afterwards otherwise you’ll find it sitting in a pool of overflowing petrol. I’ve seen it happen with my modified GSA tank and 32l in around 15mins after brimming due to cool, underground stored fuel finding my fuel tank a much warmer place…
 
If I recall correctly @Aidan1150 had one of those tanks on his kalahari yellow 1150

He did a schitload of miles on it including, at least one of @Sgt Bilco 's west coast of the states runs

Definitely a go to for info I would have thought
 
  • Like
Reactions: Emm
Have you filled it up and if so how may litres did it take out of curiosity
I only put 30 litres in on the first fill in case I needed to remove the tank for some reason but I’ll run it down and do a max fill next time to check max capacity and range.
 
Just a warning that, if you test brimming it for a reference point, make sure you’ve got a 10 mile or more ride to do immediately afterwards otherwise you’ll find it sitting in a pool of overflowing petrol. I’ve seen it happen with my modified GSA tank and 32l in around 15mins after brimming due to cool, underground stored fuel finding my fuel tank a much warmer place…
Thanks for the reminder Paul, I had it done on an 1150 GSA I had before so always remembered if doing a max fill to ride off from the petrol station straight away 👍
 
Cracking looking 1100 - very nice. I’m contemplating a GSA tank but the TT is another league!
 


Back
Top Bottom