Trailer advice!

pieter.oneill

Active member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Messages
236
Reaction score
124
Location
Staffordshire
Im trying to find a relatively inexpensive single bike trailer for my r1100gs mainly as when i drop my truck of to have work done on occasion i can ride my bike back or on to where ever.
Found a erde pm310 trailer on facebook, looked fine them realised carrying max weight is 240kg which the gs on paper is slightly more anyone had any experiance towing on one of these with a big bike? I know the moto ligs are great but massive money for something id only use now and then.
Anynother sugestions of make to look out for appreciated cheers all
 
if you can find an ex AA bike trailor they are brilliant and just clip together with big R clips ,i have had one for years and towed bikes all over the country with it ,and it will go in the back of the car with the seats folded down ,then just assemble it when you need it
 
These look good, but I'm guessing expensive https://advancedrecovery.co.uk/
How much are those?
I’m in market for a trailer too, but leaning more towards the enclosed box varirety 🤔
Pricey, but Debon look good. I’ll be scouring all the normal sites over winter for decent used ones.
Thought Motolug was the weapon of choice on here??
 
How much are those?
I’m in market for a trailer too, but leaning more towards the enclosed box varirety 🤔
Pricey, but Debon look good. I’ll be scouring all the normal sites over winter for decent used ones.
Thought Motolug was the weapon of choice on here??
Someone listed a box trailer on here yesterday .
 
How much are those?
I’m in market for a trailer too, but leaning more towards the enclosed box varirety 🤔
Pricey, but Debon look good. I’ll be scouring all the normal sites over winter for decent used ones.
Thought Motolug was the weapon of choice on here??
Yeah those moto lugs seem like the one back when i was taking bikes to track it would have been worth the cost but im only going to use occasionally, if a moto lug came up for like £450 id go for it but they dont seem to pop up often an when they do people almost what almost new prices. ill keep my eye out i just got to keep an eye on the weight limits
 
Yeah those moto lugs seem like the one back when i was taking bikes to track it would have been worth the cost but im only going to use occasionally, if a moto lug came up for like £450 id go for it but they dont seem to pop up often an when they do people almost what almost new prices. ill keep my eye out i just got to keep an eye on the weight limits
The German Erde ones(you mentioned) look okay, but I wouldn’t be loading a GS on. There’s loads of decent used trailers on FB marketplace and Gumtree, but it’s all about whether you have space to store or not. Trailer renting might be the answer, but it is nice to have your own stuff 🤔
 
The German Erde ones(you mentioned) look okay, but I wouldn’t be loading a GS on. There’s loads of decent used trailers on FB marketplace and Gumtree, but it’s all about whether you have space to store or not. Trailer renting might be the answer, but it is nice to have your own stuff 🤔
Yeah i got the room, and renting couple times may as well just buy one, plan on riding another 30 years at least with any luck so handy just to have for now and then, i had dig out my bearing pulling tool the other day used it twice in 4 years but handy just to get cracking haha
 
Found a erde pm310 trailer on facebook, looked fine them realised carrying max weight is 240kg which the gs on paper is slightly more anyone had any experiance towing on one of these with a big bike?

I've towed my 2008 R1200GS on the same trailer, absolutely fine behind the camper.

Very hard to reverse a small trailer behind a 6.2M camper though :ROFLMAO:

But I reverse same trailer behind car no problem.

Just make sure the wheel bearings are good.
 
I've towed my 2008 R1200GS on the same trailer, absolutely fine behind the camper.

Very hard to reverse a small trailer behind a 6.2M camper though :ROFLMAO:

But I reverse same trailer behind car no problem.

Just make sure the wheel bearings are good.
I did think its only just over the limit but i thought id ever there was an accident insurance would be all over that as a way not to pay out. Found a good one just down the road came up to sale tonight but someone is already coming to get it saturday typical,350kg load carrying.
 
Tbh, I’d be tempted with a new Erde. They’re less than £700 to your door and unlikely to depreciate more than 2 or 3 hundred. High chance you’ll end up with a 800 soon anyway. Big bikes (unless you’re a giant) are making less sense these days anyway 🤔
 
I Managed to pick up a cracking little trailer today for £350 with 275kg carrying capacity nice height and good length ramp so im all sorted cheers for the options and advice hopefully this trailer will see me out only going to be used a handful of times but handy to have under a tarp when needed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SBD
:postpics


“Worthless” is a bit strong, but a photo would be good.
 


Back
Top Bottom