Transalp…. It’s a slaaaaaayer…..

Weird how they mention the range and economy based on motorway speeds and that that...57mpg and 190miles...is the best it'll do. I'm sure that's gonna be nonsense. Loads of these bikes will do the majority of their miles on A and B roads and get way more than 200 miles to a tank and well over 60mpg....surely ?

Having owned an earlier Transalp with thoroughly nasty rims and spokes, the upgrade to stainless steel spokes and anodised rims caught my eye.

It's the details - Innit?

It's Wapping Vs. Arsey in the Sub-£10k SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYER Reporting Stakes!!

Great bike but this is probably greaterer

21deeb03a07a26109a3e10d180f18cd8.jpg

cb68edd693701249498ff3e30b119ccd.jpg

e0eedf0436635060be4cdea0e32be6a6.jpg

The new 800 RE.
I rode the DE and it was fabulous. Much better motor than Transalp as loads of mid range grunt unlike the Honda .
Only issue was appalling screen . The RE addresses that by having a much bigger screen plus 19/17 wheels instead of 21/18 ( I think ).
Cruise is the biggest omission, but same on Transalp

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

210kg kerb measured, if it's on a kerb, does it have a full tank? If so that's pretty good. Pig ugly though, the Yamaha T7 is a much better looking bike, but how much does it weigh. I'm living 199 kg tbh

210kg kerb measured, if it's on a kerb, does it have a full tank? If so that's pretty good. Pig ugly though, the Yamaha T7 is a much better looking bike, but how much does it weigh. I'm living 199 kg tbh

Does make me laugh when people on here are obsessed with the weight of a bike , sat there typing with 15 kgs of belly below them ….. ( not you Richie )

Weird how they mention the range and economy based on motorway speeds and that that...57mpg and 190miles...is the best it'll do. I'm sure that's gonna be nonsense. Loads of these bikes will do the majority of their miles on A and B roads and get way more than 200 miles to a tank and well over 60mpg....surely ?

Based on the usual rule-of-thumb of 10 miles per litre, you might guess at 169 miles.

It's Wapping Vs. Arsey in the Sub-£10k SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYER Reporting Stakes!!

Me? I don’t give a stuff what people buy, ride or why. I have been to the top of enough alpine passes (and Tesco car parks) to know that every man and his dog has their favourites and that many bikes (and cars for that matter) judged as ‘unsuitable‘ all get along just fine.

As to the title, yup, it was based on the usual, over excited, “Bike X slaaaays….” as beloved by all the magazines, which Biggles picks up on, too. I was though amused that it was only a day or so ago that MCN all but wrote the Honda off.

:beerjug:

Does make me laugh when people on here are obsessed with the weight of a bike , sat there typing with 15 kgs of belly below them ….. ( not you Richie )

That and “Me old aching bones…..”

It's amusing that the 'how easy is it to work on' section seems to be limited to accessing the battery and the dipstick..... I'm not sure that qualifies as 'working' on the bike!

It's amusing that the 'how easy is it to work on' section seems to be limited to accessing the battery and the dipstick..... I'm not sure that qualifies as 'working' on the bike!

They left out access to the dust caps and ease of using a garage petrol station forecourt‘s scrotty air line.

One of the most reliable bikes I ever owned but also the most ugly and boring !!!

Some interesting stuff on the new Transalp at Big Rock Moto where he comments on the fact that the tank has to be removed to get at the air filter.

Me? I don’t give a stuff what people buy, ride or why. I have been to the top of enough alpine passes (and Tesco car parks) to know that every man and his dog has their favourites and that many bikes (and cars for that matter) judged as ‘unsuitable‘ all get along just fine.

As to the title, yup, it was based on the usual, over excited, “Bike X slaaaays….” as beloved by all the magazines, which Biggles picks up on, too. I was though amused that it was only a day or so ago that MCN all but wrote the Honda off.

:beerjug:
Tongue-in-cheek, @Wapping, tongue-in-cheek.

(Not like you to be so cranky...?)

Finally a 'sociable' bike ... one which comes fitted with 4 shot glasses....:beerjug:shot.jpg

Some interesting stuff on the new Transalp at Big Rock Moto where he comments on the fact that the tank has to be removed to get at the air filter.
same as the Transalp 650, hence the 22 year old air filter in mine.

Back
Top Bottom