Tufty's few days in Scotland

+1 north out of Ullapool. Even if you only go as far as Lochinver, source of the finest pies in the universe, the entire universe not just the known bit as its' inconceivable that here are better pies anywhere else :D With more time go further north to Cocoa Mountain at Durness for brilliant chocolates and hot chocolate that is better than any I've ever tasted elsewhere.

The midgies should be out in force by now but it's been cool and windy and happily the vicious little barstewardesses can't fly if the wind speed is >5mph. (It's only the pregnant females that bite).

Just had a few days based in a cottage on Balnagown Estate, Invercassley...just outside Rosehall. Pretty nasty, showery, apart from Sat...fresh snow on tops on Thurs, but very few midgies.

Just come down the bastard A9...6 degs at Druimachdair, fresh snow on Ben Alder...but no midgies. Gave my new Gerbing electric jacket a good go...had to turn it down!! Must be becoming a poof.

Love the bike too, I didn't miss the clock and voltmeter pods!
18093757281_6197421043_z.jpg

Hi Tufty,

+1 about the bike but you already knew that :D

Started training for the Edinburgh yet? :augie

Cheers,

Ian.

Good trip report and pictures Tufty, I share your views on B&B pricing, I only want a kip, I don't want shares in the place...

Try hostels, much more sensible pricing

Love the bike too, I didn't miss the clock and voltmeter pods!

Thank you. The one on the left (as you look at the picture) is the clock, the other one is a revolution meter, to give it its proper name. The bike came with the revolution meter but I had the clock added a few years ago. It's just so civilised to know the time whilst you're riding.

Hi Tufty,

+1 about the bike but you already knew that :D

Started training for the Edinburgh yet? :augie

Cheers,

Ian.

I haven't to be honest. I went out on the Alp for more or less the first time on Friday since returning from the Lands End. I must go out and practice.

Just had a few days based in a cottage on Balnagown Estate, Invercassley...just outside Rosehall. Pretty nasty, showery, apart from Sat...fresh snow on tops on Thurs, but very few midgies.

Just come down the bastard A9...6 degs at Druimachdair, fresh snow on Ben Alder...but no midgies. Gave my new Gerbing electric jacket a good go...had to turn it down!! Must be becoming a poof.

That's not very PC :nono

Feckin funny though :D

Enjoyed the trip report & piccies. ...:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom