Two bikes.

1) E5 V85TT Adventure. I'm *very* pleased with my 2021, BUT if the E5+ runs even better and also has as perfect fueling with almost no engine heat it'd be an E5+.
2) 2007 California 1100.
 
Heard you have been having some switchgear issues with the Stelvio
A bit more than that Milke 🙂

Clutch switches
Oil pressure sensor
Head bearings
Front discs
Front forks
Battery
Rear indicators
Cruise software glitch

All had to be replaced in 18 months. It’s had to be recovered twice. Maybe that’s all the teething problems out of the way now 😃

For all it’s positives with character, riding experience and relative rarity, it does make you want something Japanese so that when you are off on the road for a few weeks you know when you press the button it’s going to start and you are going to get there 😃

All that said
(Back on topic)
I’d still love an MGX 21 to go with the V7 Sport, or I’d settle for a good clean Audace.
 
A bit more than that Milke 🙂

Clutch switches
Oil pressure sensor
Head bearings
Front discs
Front forks
Battery
Rear indicators
Cruise software glitch

All had to be replaced in 18 months. It’s had to be recovered twice. Maybe that’s all the teething problems out of the way now 😃

For all it’s positives with character, riding experience and relative rarity, it does make you want something Japanese so that when you are off on the road for a few weeks you know when you press the button it’s going to start and you are going to get there 😃

All that said
(Back on topic)
I’d still love an MGX 21 to go with the V7 Sport, or I’d settle for a good clean Audace.
That’s a lot of glitches
 
A bit more than that Milke 🙂

Clutch switches
Oil pressure sensor
Head bearings
Front discs
Front forks
Battery
Rear indicators
Cruise software glitch

All had to be replaced in 18 months. It’s had to be recovered twice. Maybe that’s all the teething problems out of the way now 😃

For all it’s positives with character, riding experience and relative rarity, it does make you want something Japanese so that when you are off on the road for a few weeks you know when you press the button it’s going to start and you are going to get there 😃

All that said
(Back on topic)
I’d still love an MGX 21 to go with the V7 Sport, or I’d settle for a good clean Audace.
Hmm ..... I'm starting to think maybe a Selvio isn't such a good idea afer all. I'm used to Goldwing reliability (48,000 trouble free miles and all the other positives - fuel consumption , tyre life , smoothness , ... and it sounds quite nice .... something about 6 cylinders under load) hmmmmm .................
 
A bit more than that Milke 🙂

Clutch switches
Oil pressure sensor
Head bearings
Front discs
Front forks
Battery
Rear indicators
Cruise software glitch

All had to be replaced in 18 months. It’s had to be recovered twice. Maybe that’s all the teething problems out of the way now 😃

For all it’s positives with character, riding experience and relative rarity, it does make you want something Japanese so that when you are off on the road for a few weeks you know when you press the button it’s going to start and you are going to get there 😃

All that said
(Back on topic)
I’d still love an MGX 21 to go with the V7 Sport, or I’d settle for a good clean Audace.
Crikey really sorry to hear that as your bike is a lovely looking thing
I have just come back from Spain France with Stew and the lads and we were doing the what bike would you like to be on and I said a Stelvio Stew mentioned you had some issues
My brothers first Gen V85TT (third big euro trip) ran like clockwork
 
Hmm ..... I'm starting to think maybe a Selvio isn't such a good idea afer all. I'm used to Goldwing reliability (48,000 trouble free miles and all the other positives - fuel consumption , tyre life , smoothness , ... and it sounds quite nice .... something about 6 cylinders under load) hmmmmm .................

I don't want to hijack the thread, and I don't want to put people off, because my V100 Mandello S was totally fault free, as was my V85, and my V7 Stone. The Mandello just got a bit to cramped on long days and I do love the motor, so I went for the Stelvio. I know plenty of people from other groups and forums that are already north of 35k Miles without any issues at all on Stelvios. I still love Guzzi's in general since my eyes were opened to them, without doubt they can have quirks, but just as equally they will get under your skin. With regards to my faults, the frustration has not been that the faults happened, it's the way Piaggio handle things and luckily I have an outstanding dealer backing me up. Almost every warranty claim has been handled at a pace that was slower than evolution, often in the first instance being rejected because the day ended in a Y, in one case I was waiting over 6 months for a set of factory spotlight brackets.

They are different, they are things of beauty (Obviously in the eye of the beholder) and they do etch themselves under your skin.

If I could have more than two based on the original thread

Griso 2V 1200
Cali T3
V7 850 Sport
MGX 21 (It just looks bonkers, and would be a fantastic tourer)

Sorry this headed into Off topi territory folks.
 
I
Griso 2V 1200
Cali T3
V7 850 Sport
MGX 21 (It just looks bonkers, and would be a fantastic tourer)

Sorry this headed into Off topi territory folks.
Sorry for being an utter pedant but the Griso 2v is the 1100

Sorry Tony couldnt resist

I would like to add to my list if allowed

V85TT
T3 in black
A loop frame 750 as previously pictured
And A Le Mans Mk1 in Ice Blue
 
That vintage cali is lovely, has anyone any details about it? If so could you dm me them assuming it's in the UK.
Many thanks.
 
No way I’d let my G5 go, so it would have to be a Stelvio instead of my gs1300 which will probably happen soon.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5565.jpeg
    IMG_5565.jpeg
    809 KB · Views: 4
I'm a bit of a no-nothing in here but what did this look like before surgery? Is that tank custom made? Are they a reasonable size i.e. would someone 6'4" look daft on one?
IMG_0567.jpeg
Thank you for your enquiry 👍

Not much left of the original. 1978 Moto Guzzi T3.

Hand made ally tank, 40 week waiting list.

Yes, sorry to say that you’d look daft on this one, especially with the chopped rear frame. I’m 5’11” and just about get away with it, or I think I do!


 
View attachment 543890
Thank you for your enquiry 👍

Not much left of the original. 1978 Moto Guzzi T3.

Hand made ally tank, 40 week waiting list.

Yes, sorry to say that you’d look daft on this one, especially with the chopped rear frame. I’m 5’11” and just about get away with it, or I think I do!


That's a fair old transformation, much for the better too.
 


Back
Top Bottom