V85TT
All original T3 in black (would have been a MkLM but i couldnt ride it )
All original T3 in black (would have been a MkLM but i couldnt ride it )
Heard you have been having some switchgear issues with the StelvioI've got a V100 Stelvio and V7 850 Sport but if I could I'd ..........
Keep the V7 850 Sport
Have an MGX 21
A bit more than that MilkeHeard you have been having some switchgear issues with the Stelvio
That’s a lot of glitchesA bit more than that Milke
Clutch switches
Oil pressure sensor
Head bearings
Front discs
Front forks
Battery
Rear indicators
Cruise software glitch
All had to be replaced in 18 months. It’s had to be recovered twice. Maybe that’s all the teething problems out of the way now
For all it’s positives with character, riding experience and relative rarity, it does make you want something Japanese so that when you are off on the road for a few weeks you know when you press the button it’s going to start and you are going to get there
All that said
(Back on topic)
I’d still love an MGX 21 to go with the V7 Sport, or I’d settle for a good clean Audace.
Hmm ..... I'm starting to think maybe a Selvio isn't such a good idea afer all. I'm used to Goldwing reliability (48,000 trouble free miles and all the other positives - fuel consumption , tyre life , smoothness , ... and it sounds quite nice .... something about 6 cylinders under load) hmmmmm .................A bit more than that Milke
Clutch switches
Oil pressure sensor
Head bearings
Front discs
Front forks
Battery
Rear indicators
Cruise software glitch
All had to be replaced in 18 months. It’s had to be recovered twice. Maybe that’s all the teething problems out of the way now
For all it’s positives with character, riding experience and relative rarity, it does make you want something Japanese so that when you are off on the road for a few weeks you know when you press the button it’s going to start and you are going to get there
All that said
(Back on topic)
I’d still love an MGX 21 to go with the V7 Sport, or I’d settle for a good clean Audace.
Crikey really sorry to hear that as your bike is a lovely looking thingA bit more than that Milke
Clutch switches
Oil pressure sensor
Head bearings
Front discs
Front forks
Battery
Rear indicators
Cruise software glitch
All had to be replaced in 18 months. It’s had to be recovered twice. Maybe that’s all the teething problems out of the way now
For all it’s positives with character, riding experience and relative rarity, it does make you want something Japanese so that when you are off on the road for a few weeks you know when you press the button it’s going to start and you are going to get there
All that said
(Back on topic)
I’d still love an MGX 21 to go with the V7 Sport, or I’d settle for a good clean Audace.
Hmm ..... I'm starting to think maybe a Selvio isn't such a good idea afer all. I'm used to Goldwing reliability (48,000 trouble free miles and all the other positives - fuel consumption , tyre life , smoothness , ... and it sounds quite nice .... something about 6 cylinders under load) hmmmmm .................
There's a lovely example of one for sale in the latest Gambalunga.For the avoidance of doubt... the 'CalVin'.
If I was in the market for a Harley-type bike, I'd buy a California Vintage.
View attachment 543216
Sorry for being an utter pedant but the Griso 2v is the 1100I
Griso 2V 1200
Cali T3
V7 850 Sport
MGX 21 (It just looks bonkers, and would be a fantastic tourer)
Sorry this headed into Off topi territory folks.
Lovely bike,have only ever seen one and that was in Parliament Square in Ramsey Isle of Man several years ago
Yep that's the one.For the avoidance of doubt... the 'CalVin'.
If I was in the market for a Harley-type bike, I'd buy a California Vintage.
View attachment 543216
I'm a bit of a no-nothing in here but what did this look like before surgery? Is that tank custom made? Are they a reasonable size i.e. would someone 6'4" look daft on one?
I'm a bit of a no-nothing in here but what did this look like before surgery? Is that tank custom made? Are they a reasonable size i.e. would someone 6'4" look daft on one?

That's a fair old transformation, much for the better too.View attachment 543890
Thank you for your enquiry
Not much left of the original. 1978 Moto Guzzi T3.
Hand made ally tank, 40 week waiting list.
Yes, sorry to say that you’d look daft on this one, especially with the chopped rear frame. I’m 5’11” and just about get away with it, or I think I do!