Using MRARouteplanner created routes on the BMW ConnectedRide Navigator

Wapping

Reaction score
I do not own a BMW ConnectedRide Navigator, but there is starting to be a few on the forum that do. I guess that some of these owners might want to use the Navigator for more than basic ‘Take me from A to B’ routing and create their own bespoke routes, using MyRoute’s Route Planner. If so, the following three posts, lifted straight from the very good MyRoute forum, might be of interest.

Post one:
Just updated the BMW ConnectedRide Navigator. Create a route in the MRA planner, use the TomTom map, make sure the route points are on the road. Save the route as gpx 1.1 on your PC. Then copy and paste the gpx file of your route into the "Routes" folder on the BMW ConnectedRide Navigator.
Then go to Navigation, then start, then click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click on import, the route you just placed in the "Routes folder" will be imported into the BMW ConnectedRide Navigator.

Now first drive a route to see how the ConnectedRide Navigator behaves with regard to the route points.

To be continued...

Post two:
Did a test drive today, 30KM, 14 training points and 3 via points in the route. Route saved as a gpx 1.1 file and placed from the downloads folder on my PC in the routes folder on the Navigator. You can then import these routes via the Navigation menu. A route and track file is imported. Started the route and drove the route without deviations.

2nd picture the planned route, first picture the recorded track placed over the route.

Now I just have to figure out whether the route can also be displayed in the navigator via the connected app and how I get the via points on the screen, perhaps save them as POI..

To be continued again.
1700391448394-test_route_met_opgenomen_track.jpg

1700391447974-test_route.jpg

Post three:
Logged in again to the Connected app, so that it was linked again and voila, the routes can be downloaded to the navigator via the app.

So, if you use MyRoute-app, then: Plan a route in MRA, via the MRA app, export the route to the connected app.

There you go, three simple posts on how to do it, the third post confirming that you can use BMW’s Connected app, too.

PS If any BMW ConnectedRide Navigator owners want to know more about how to do it or have any other questions about how to use their BMW ConnectedRide Navigator in conjunction with MyRoute, I’d suggest they join the very good MyRoute forum, which is free.

Last edited:
Welcome.

Whilst I still think it’s hard to beat a dedicated GPS unit from Garmin or TomTom, I can maybe see how the ConnectedRide Navigator might be better than a standalone phone, mounted on the bars. I still haven’t convinced myself that using a probably very expensive phone, as your only method of staying in contact with the outside world AND a gps device, is a fantastic idea.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom