V-strom 800RE warranty

yoyo

Active member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Feb 25, 2016
Messages
414
Reaction score
179
Location
Swansea
Has anyone ever used the extended Suzuki warranty? The headstock bearings have failed on the other halfs 800RE, the bike is 2yr old with 19k, doesn't get pressure washed etc, I get they wont cover bearings but if I change them myself to taper bearings they could invalidate the whole warranty. I'm not convinced its worth all the effort of paying for them to service it when I could do it myself.

Any experience of the extended warranty?

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk
 
how will they know you changed the bearings?

if the alternator fails will they dismantle the headstock?

there is also the matter that to deny a valid claim they would need to demonstrate the DIY work materially led to the need for a claim
 
Has anyone ever used the extended Suzuki warranty? The headstock bearings have failed on the other halfs 800RE, the bike is 2yr old with 19k, doesn't get pressure washed etc, I get they wont cover bearings but if I change them myself to taper bearings they could invalidate the whole warranty. I'm not convinced its worth all the effort of paying for them to service it when I could do it myself.

Any experience of the extended warranty?

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

I think it was Chris Northover? Who did a vid about Suzuki’s warranties.
It’s aimed more at the implications for second hand bikes but there is some cross over that may be useful in answering parts of any questions you have regarding your bike in relation to what does/does’nt affect your warranty after self servicing items.

Anyway, the link below may be useful to you and anyone else who owns a Suzuki 👍

 
I think it was Chris Northover? Who did a vid about Suzuki’s warranties.
It’s aimed more at the implications for second hand bikes but there is some cross over that may be useful in answering parts of any questions you have regarding your bike in relation to what does/does’nt affect your warranty after self servicing items.

Anyway, the link below may be useful to you and anyone else who owns a Suzuki

Thanks for that, I'll have a look. That looks like JT's in Swansea which is our local dealer.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk
 
Thumbs up for Suzuki. My recently acquired V-strom 650's last service was at 600 miles when about six months old in March 25, due again in March 26, so in effect now six months late. At Suzuki dealer next week for this missed service, just oil change /checks as it's only done 3,300 miles and the warranty will continue for another year. Thought it worthwhile as the bike is new to me and probably won't see a dealer service again, especially as the next one will be at 7500 miles involving new plugs at around £350, an error in the video as the £180 he quotes was for a basic oil service. Will be doing that and the £850 big service myself, the combined price of these is about 20% of the bike's value, I think not.
 


Back
Top Bottom