Wapping’s Wanders - Trip to France - Friday 24 May to Monday 27 May 2024

Bump….

There is still the three of us and the one spare space in the pre-reserved hotel rooms.

Richard

PS I am going over to France before, just to remind myself how to ride my 1600 after nearly 12 months. I’ll be riding the same route, just to see if any final, final tweaks are needed.

Still the three of us.

Any takers for the last remaining spot, before I tell the hotels that I don’t need the fourth room?

Richard

One last bump for the one last place.

I’ll close it off on Wednesday afternoon.

Richard

PS After last weekend’s successful jaunt around the routes, I have have tweaked them a tiny bit.

Last edited:
I have just spent last weekend with Richard riding the routes above.

Each day's route is completely different, encompassing fantastic traffic-free roads with beautiful scenery in abundance. Not to mention the great food/rest stops during the day! Richard has planned and booked everything, including the overnight accommodation and evening eateries - all you need is a bike and crash helmet!

I can thoroughly recommend this weekend jaunt - I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

If it wasn't for personal reasons, I would be booking the Eurotunnel train to do it all again on the 24th!

Will you be filling your panniers, holdalls and rucksacks with cheap wine at the St. Omer Carrefour on the way home?

Will you be filling your panniers, holdalls and rucksacks with cheap wine at the St. Omer Carrefour on the way home?

I shall be filling them with the finest Château Margaux, as the butler tells me we are now down to just the five cases, which is hardly enough for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom