Why do people buy Harley Davidsons?

Why do people by Guzzi's , BMW's, Honda's ?

if you could work that out, you's be a salesperson extraordinaire

One went past my home today. My exact words to HN as I heard it ... "I'd never have a Harley but I can understand why some folk ride them. "

Sent from ...

I get where he's coming from. I only rode an HD 2 years ago..Since I have ridden 4 different models...I do love a good sound on a bike. Not sure HD does it for me in its styling. Its not because they are cheap either! I am also gladdened to see some people use them to commute in London. I have high regard for them as the polishing of all the chromed parts must be a PITA, otherwise they come across as the second bike for a sunny day brigade with tassles...:)

I get where he's coming from. I only rode an HD 2 years ago..Since I have ridden 4 different models...I do love a good sound on a bike. Not sure HD does it for me in its styling. Its not because they are cheap either! I am also gladdened to see some people use them to commute in London. I have high regard for them as the polishing of all the chromed parts must be a PITA, otherwise they come across as the second bike for a sunny day brigade with tassles...:)
Ref your final quote - sure a few Harley’s are garage Queens - but so are plenty of Gs’s…

Take a closer look as many Harley’s have serious mileages on them….and they cope well with it.

My most used bike. Would have done more on it if Covid hadn't happened. Also the most commented on bike I've ever owned by non bike people.

All I'll say here is I'm a bit anti loud pipes, and am not a fan of having to clean acres of chrome, some are fine, but hearing a neighbour's bike starting up 6 houses away, idling there for 5 mins, and roaring up the road, nope, doesn't do it for me.
I prefer the ninja approach to motorcycling.

I think Harley has done a fantastic marketing job over the years.

I remember one ad that read, “The last thing to go through a June bug’s mind - a Harley.” The photography of beautiful open roads, wind in your face etc just oozed freedom and escapism. We can all relate to that. Harley connects people to their youth, their Dad’s, the American dream. Powerful emotional stuff.

And for BMW you ask. Well...there’s Charlie and Ewan. :ROFLMAO:

Furniture is a bit rubbish. Cheap wood ;) 20230809_090016.jpg20230809_090026.jpg

I have a simple rule… which I suggest to any new Harley rider….

wait 6 months before you start farkling…. As you will know by then if it’s for you…. If it is, then it’s a lifelong commitment- if not, sell it and get most if not all your money back.

I have a simple rule… which I suggest to any new Harley rider….

wait 6 months before you start farkling…. As you will know by then if it’s for you…. If it is, then it’s a lifelong commitment- if not, sell it and get most if not all your money back.

Don’t really agree.
I did actually wait 6 months before I farkled my RKS with a Stage 2 and new shocks etc.
But then I bought the Wing and sold the RKS as the I lost interest in the RKS after riding the Wing.
Pleased I had one but can’t see my buying another ,given the starting price which then needs £1000s more added to if you want decent performance/comfort/suspension etc.

Or, buy a pre-farkled one.

I guess I was lucky but the fatboy I got had upgraded suspension, gear driven cams, custom paint, luggage, fancy pipes.

Just needs a screen and I’m there. Oh and some decent weather.

All I'll say here is I'm a bit anti loud pipes, and am not a fan of having to clean acres of chrome, some are fine, but hearing a neighbour's bike starting up 6 houses away, idling there for 5 mins, and roaring up the road, nope, doesn't do it for me.
I prefer the ninja approach to motorcycling.
Modern Harleys are quiet, and chrome limited…

but…. The aftermarket noisy exhaust market is alive and kicking..
Don’t really agree.
I did actually wait 6 months before I farkled my RKS with a Stage 2 and new shocks etc.
But then I bought the Wing and sold the RKS as the I lost interest in the RKS after riding the Wing.
Pleased I had one but can’t see my buying another ,given the starting price which then needs £1000s more added to if you want decent performance/comfort/suspension etc.
my rule has a subclause….. the Arsey exclusion 1.5

”As Arsey is a right fidget arse and buys at least 6 bikes a year - he has the automatic right to ignore twizzles law.

Back
Top Bottom