North West Scotland petrol stations?

gypsy

Reaction score
I'm in the process of planning a route for myself and a couple of mates for a trip we are making up to Scotland 1st week in June .I'm ok having the 34lt adv tank but my friends will struggle to get 120 miles to the tankfull so having never travelled the roads in this area i was wondering what the situation is like for petrol stations or can i sell the surplus in mine to them;)
Thanks in advance :thumb

For God's sake.....any chance of a bit of a clue here :nenau

What's your route :nenau
Where are your stopovers :nenau

Al :thumb2

Sorry for not being clearer it was just the the top nth/west area following the coast mainly from Torridon via Durness to John o Groats and will be covering that route on a weekday as opposed to the weekend
cheers

Fuel in Torridon, Ullapool, Rhiconich, Durness and Bettyhill and as its only about 220 miles no problem :rolleyes: All according to CN EU NT v9 BTW :cool:

If you run out of juice up here these days...you've got a leak or it's yer own fault....;) :D The pumps are electric too... no handles to pump...;)

If you run out of juice up here these days...you've got a leak or it's yer own fault....;) :D The pumps are electric too... no handles to pump...;)

Isn't that what Thames Water said a couple of weeks ago......? :augie

I think your right to be concerned Gypsy, I wouldn't rely on your GPS, certainly the data in CN V8 is well out of date as a number of petrol stations have closed. There is fuel at Ullapool, Scourie and Durness, but don't bank on them all being open on a Sunday, and others are open 0900 - 1700. Fill up when you get the chance and plan ahead if you're there over a weekend would be my advice.

M

If you do the loop from garve round to poolewe Gailoch be aware there is no petrol in Achnasheen anymore and Kinlochewe is not open on Sundays so fill up in Contin or Ullapool both open on Sundays I would fill up in Ullapool if you are heading north because the next fuel will be in Durness.

Funny you should mention that as i just happen to have the pie shop marked down as a stopping point !:thumb

petrol

Hi there
We were up that way last year and finding petrol stations was not the problem,the main problem was finding one that had fuel to sell. The petrol stations up in the n/w areas only get deliveries when there is a tanker load reqiured which can mean some garages may be without fuel for 2/3 days,Iwas lucky in Tongue the station owner gave me 5 litres out of the shops spare can when I only had 10 miles of fuel left.Your best bet would be to get fuel where you can and carry a gallon in a can
Hovis:beerjug:

Rest assured if the Bm carries the can it will cost them dearly as i have no problem charging them an inflated rate for fuel transportation :D

We rode from Gairloch to Bonar Bridge via Tongue a few weekends ago and the only open fuel stations we found open on a Sunday were in Ullapool and Lairg. The one in Tongue was closed.

I've done a few trips round the NW on a bike with a 120 mile fuel range and had a few running on fumes moments. Trick is to get it when you can if you are in any doubt. Sunday as mentioned above can be a problem but your ok in the bigger towns - Ullapool, Thurso, Lairg, Wick etc.
I'd still take a siphon tube with you.

Just had word back from lochcarron that the spar shop has fuel and is open untill 4pm sundays if your planning via there

Back
Top Bottom