Gearbox output flange puller

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm having a right bugger of a job shifting the output flange from my gearbox. I've tried a big puller bolted to the flange and a huge amount of heat but the damn thing still wont budge off the taper, even trying the old shock tactic once the puller is under a lot of tension. Any ideas before I throw it in the bin and buy a Honda?

PS.
Just kidding about the Honda :)

Old threads MISSING

You could have brought it round to me Rob
I would have removed it for you with my home made puller :thumb2

I did put a thread up about how to make one a while ago along with threads on machining a circlip grove in the output shaft i also do
How to shim the gearbox
How to make a led back light

But for some strange reason all those threads have been deleted :nenau
Someone is doing people no favors by remove some interesting threads :rob

I am not on my pc at the moment so i can't post the pics of the easy to make tool :blast

Gary,

Last time I removed one it came off with my home made plate and a big puller. This one won't budge at all :nenau

I've got a gearbox shimming plate :cool:

I wouldn't mind a circlip groove being machined. I may be round to see you... Got an more trick bikes to show me? :)

Rob if you are down this way bring it down it would be interesting to see if my puller will remove it
It has not failed me yet but theres always a first time :augie

As for bikes.... I am still putting together a off roader for use in the winter
Will post some pics soon

I fabricated myself a home made puller but later found that taking the gearbox to an auto mechanic and have the flange pulled out is much cheaper and hassle free.

You could have brought it round to me Rob
I would have removed it for you with my home made puller :thumb2

I did put a thread up about how to make one a while ago along with threads on machining a circlip grove in the output shaft i also do
How to shim the gearbox
How to make a led back light

But for some strange reason all those threads have been deleted :nenau
Someone is doing people no favors by remove some interesting threads :rob

I am not on my pc at the moment so i can't post the pics of the easy to make tool :blast

A lot of them disappeared when the site changed it's provider, whatever fingy:(
you will just have to repost them, Unless Paul has a backup somewhere???:augie

Gary,

Last time I removed one it came off with my home made plate and a big puller. This one won't budge at all :nenau

I've got a gearbox shimming plate :cool:

I wouldn't mind a circlip groove being machined. I may be round to see you... Got an more trick bikes to show me? :)

Comming along slowly Rob :augie
Will be finished in time for the winter snott :thumb2

Attachments

• proj.JPG
    proj.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 297

Back
Top Bottom