Mapsource v9 - can't find address?

Peter Pan

Reaction score
I've got a Garmin 2610 and am using Mapsource City Navigator v9. I'm on Software release 6.13.2 (the latest).

For some reason Mapsource (when used on my PC) can't locate the following address :

42-50 Victoria Street
London
SW1H 0TL

Anyone else had this problem? Suggestions? :nenau

Cheers all! :thumb

I've got a Garmin 2610 and am using Mapsource City Navigator v9. I'm on Software release 6.13.2 (the latest).

For some reason Mapsource (when used on my PC) can't locate the following address :

42-50 Victoria Street
London
SW1H 0TL

Anyone else had this problem? Suggestions? :nenau

Cheers all! :thumb

I've had a V, quest, and 2610 and loved all of them, but finding an address with Mapsource is truely, astonishingly SH*T.
I usually end up using google maps to find the road and then manually zoom in on mapsource.

I have similar prob's, but found this one in 10 secs

I did it like this..

search 'victoria' in Mapsource
scroll down the resulting list until you get to Victoria Street, select
put the street number in, select (I used 51)
put london in , select

That did it for me..

But I know what you mean. I often end up purposely finding a different street close to the one I want (because Mapsource won't show the required one). I find that and when I then show it, hey-presto, there's the bugger I couldn't find too..

Very frustrating because I can't detect a pattern..

Found it - its just 0.2 miles from Westminster Abbey.

Go to the find address section, but don't type in "Victoria Street" just type in "Victoria". As you can imagine, there are literally hundreds of them and by default Mapsource will only show you the first 100, but Victoria Street isn't in the first 100, so change the "Show First 100" to "200" (just highlite the number and type in "200" instead), then just drag the cursor down the alphbetical list till you get to the one you want. :thumb2

From my experiences with finding addresses, don't be tempted to put too much information in the Street field.

Thanks Guys. I knew it was there by simply finding another street close to it, but couldn't understand why initial 'Find' in Mapsource didn't return it.

ST4S's method combined with Taff's increasing the Show first 100 to Show first 200 did it.

I'd normally select the City (London), then type in Victoria and scroll down to find Victoria Street, in this case it didn't show up (because as Taff says it's not in the first 100 names!)

Pathetic! What's the point of trying to narrow the search to a City in England (such as London) if it doesn't filter the street names accordingly! :nenau

Thank you all for your greater familiarity with the vagaries of Mapsource!! :bow

Thanks Guys. I knew it was there by simply finding another street close to it, but couldn't understand why initial 'Find' in Mapsource didn't return it.

ST4S's method combined with Taff's increasing the Show first 100 to Show first 200 did it.

I'd normally select the City (London), then type in Victoria and scroll down to find Victoria Street, in this case it didn't show up (because as Taff says it's not in the first 100 names!)

Pathetic! What's the point of trying to narrow the search to a City in England (such as London) if it doesn't filter the street names accordingly! :nenau

Thank you all for your greater familiarity with the vagaries of Mapsource!! :bow

What's so surprising about typing in Victoria and then not being able to find Victoria Street in the first 100 drop down choices, in London?

The great monarch's name has been applied to 100's of Arcades, Avenues, Closes, Cottages, Courts, Crescents, Docks, Drives, an (entire) Embankment, Gardens, Groves, Houses, Lanes, Mansions, Mews, Parades, Parks, Passages, Roads, Squares.........all before you come to Street. Hardly pathetic to drop-down list them all alphabetically, surely?

If you've (theoritically) narrowed the search down to a specific city (in my case London), why when you enter "Victoria" do you get a list that starts with :
Allee Victoria
Avenida de la Reina Victoria
Avenida de la Victoria
Avenida Duquesa de la Victoria
etc
etc
etc

Hardly in London is it?
What's the point of putting London in at all?

That's what's pathetic!

I don't seem to have this problem.

Enter City: London

Enter street: Victoria St (didn't bother with the ..eet bit)

Up comes five with the SW1 post code (first on the list, so I must have the posh upgrade) - then goes off to E something or other post codes. Garmin then relies on me to know which area of London I want.

I don't seem to have this problem.

Enter City: London

Enter street: Victoria St (didn't bother with the ..eet bit)

Up comes five with the SW1 post code (first on the list, so I must have the posh upgrade) - then goes off to E something or other post codes. Garmin then relies on me to know which area of London I want.

Now that's interesting Wapping ....

You're getting something completely different to me.

Are you using Mapsource City Navigator v9? :confused:

Now that's interesting Wapping .... You're getting something completely different to me. Are you using Mapsource City Navigator v9? :confused:
I'm guessing that he's searching on the unit itself - not Mapsource. :nenau

Now that's interesting Wapping ....

You're getting something completely different to me.

Are you using Mapsource City Navigator v9? :confused:

I'm using V9, and when entering "Victoria St" it brings up the Following

Victoria Street Industrial estate
Victoria Street North
Victoria Street South
Victoria Street West

However, if I type in just "victoria and scroll down all the foreign streets then Vitoria Street can be found.

I'm guessing that he's searching on the unit itself - not Mapsource. :nenau

In one. I must confess that I missed the bit about ....on the PC in the original post...your reply persuaded me to have another look.

Mapsource is doing my head in !

At some point in the past I've probably searched for some address in Italy and now it will only show Italian street names in the search tool.

I've clicked reset on every tab.
I can search and find places of interest and cities in the uk.
But whenever I try to find a street or road name it goes back to a list of Italian street names with London as the city FFS.

How do I make it go back to London streets ?

You might have a similar bug to what I'm experiencing with 6.13.2 where the "nearest to" is locked into "lodging". I can change it to the other options, but open the tool up and there it is again, :spitfire "lodging".

You might have a similar bug to what I'm experiencing with 6.13.2 where the "nearest to" is locked into "lodging". I can change it to the other options, but open the tool up and there it is again, :spitfire "lodging".

Now that sounds familiar :mad:

Back
Top Bottom