any idea

spock

Reaction score
can anyone tell what gps. would use a full postcode as to find the place/address that you would need to arrive at.
You see what the thing is, my wife is a mobile area nurse,she never knows till the morning of work at where she has to go,so for her, it would be by far easier just to put in a postcode,as she would not be able to plan a route as such.
I am kind'a hoping that the zumo500 might well do this?????

For a car, or bike?

Any Garmin with City Navigator NT, rather than non-NT, should give you 8-figure postcode search.

For car use, a Garmin i3 is the cheapest alternative - if you can find one.

Having re-read your post, I get your drift :blast

The Zumo 500 uses City Navigator NT :thumb

Having re-read your post, I get your drift :blast

The Zumo 500 uses City Navigator NT :thumb

ok,thanks, I had been looking through the garmin gps units on there web site,but could not see/read what unit would give full postcode end point,I did send a email to garmin from there web site a week ago but never had a reply,
so, the zumo 500 will do what her indoors is looking for?this would then be a good back up for my 2610 should that ever go wrong,not sure if the 2610 are worth selling 2nd hand.

so, the zumo 500 will do what her indoors is looking for?this would then be a good back up for my 2610 should that ever go wrong,not sure if the 2610 are worth selling 2nd hand.
Probably best to get a confirmation from a Zumo owner (see the Zumo sub-section) regarding the postcode search; like you, I run a 2610.

You should have no problem selling the 2610 second-hand, and it should fetch a good price. I'm not sure why you'd want to, though.

Probably best to get a confirmation from a Zumo owner (see the Zumo sub-section) regarding the postcode search; like you, I run a 2610.

You should have no problem selling the 2610 second-hand, and it should fetch a good price. I'm not sure why you'd want to, though.
no I don't think that I would sell it,I just thought that by the way a lot of prices of gps units have fallen, andI thought that the 2610 was no longer for sale from new?????

two-new-pence.JPG

FWIW the Garmin i3 has postcode as already mentioned and I use one from the white box sale that www.gpsw.co.uk held earlier year and its small screen, handy and works ok, As to what's current, take look at the Garmin Nuvi and ther'es a SWMBO version (in girlie pink) coming out in a few weeks for 200 squid.

I have a TOMTOM one for the car...excellent bit of kit and to date never failed. You can either entire a full post code or postal address, depending what type of area you are going then depends which is the best selection to use, I find the postcode good for residential areas but the postal address is much better for industrial estates etc. The TOMTOM used to be available in both UK or UK with Europe as well.
Mine is the Older UK only one but has the SD slot with the maps on so presume it is full upgradeable to Europe as well.

http://www.compare-satnav-deals.co.uk/

Adie

Back
Top Bottom