Bomber Command Campaign Medal

They've been on about awardinga medal for years and years. It seems a good thing to do and I've never heard why successive governments (Conservative and Labour) won't award one.

I think you will find its because its not very PC to bomb innocent civilians

(their opinion not mine)

War is War

The brave men who flew with Bomber Command were simply following the orders passed down to them from on high, and that means they were accepted by Downing Street as necessary in those dark times. For those who fought in that campaign to have been ignored since the end of hostilities is cowardice from the very offices that issued those orders.

The pen pushers should have more reasons to be ashamed that those who flew over enemy territory to do their duty should.

As I understand it the Bomber Command crews would have been awarded the Aircrew Europe Star or the France & Germany Star, depending on their period of qualifying operational service. Issuing a seperate campaign medal, or even a Bomber Command clasp, now, would be an insult when so many survivors of the war have since passed away.

I think you will find its because its not very PC to bomb innocent civilians

(their opinion not mine)

Sorry, got to say it - I think that's what the Germans did to us - and they started it!

Yes it's all a long time ago, but remembering war heroes is not a bad thing - it's all too easy to forget and think things were always this way...

...it's a shame that we did not do it years ago...

Back
Top Bottom