Sidi boots and the gear lever

blackie

Just got me a pair of new Sidi Typhoon boots!:thumb2

But now, I can't seem to flex my foot low enough to get under the gear lever!!! Even after rmoving that rubber pads. Shifted all day today using the side of the boot instead of the instep :mad:

Is this a characteristic of the Sidi boots? or do I need to adjust the gear lever so it sits more angled up? Never really had a pair of boots like these before......

Just move the lever up .The dealer did it for me on my test ride back in March as i was wearing offroad boots that day, took about 2 minutes.

Same with Alpinestars Tech3's

I have the same problem with my Tech 3 boots from Alpinestars.

As Tim said, I just change up with the side of my boot, weird at first but soon got used to it. :thumb

Similar Experience

I had the same problem when I picked up my F650GS and made the dealer rotate the shift lever upwards one spline before I left. The dealer grumbled that my boots were too thick and the lever was already in the specified position! Note that you have to remove the bolt completely before you can pull the lever off the splines. I have subsequently removed the rubber from the footpegs and the shift lever is just OK, but not really comfortable, for my smallish feet.

Mike

you can get a longer gearlever if not, i extended mine on the 1150, not a job for a d i y er though

Whew I'm not alone! I'll try shifting with the side of the boot for a little bit to see if I can get used to it. I might rotate the lever a bit. Kinda hard to undo 25+ years of conditioning initially. Quirks of BMWs...:rob

I moved my lever one spline as could not get used to shifting with the side of my boot (BMW RALLYE)
Fine now

I've been eyeing a pait of tech3's a co-worker has (worn 3 times) and I've been holding off for the same reason (can't shift). GOod information

I've been eyeing a pait of tech3's a co-worker has (worn 3 times) and I've been holding off for the same reason (can't shift). GOod information

I moved the lever up one spline and it helped a lot

I replaced my lever with a sprung TT lever and fixed it one spline higher.

I hate it - just used to shifting with the side of my boot...will point it back down again as soon as I find 5 mins to do it...

Sidi Crossfire TA

I just bought a pair of Sidi Crossfire TA and an adjustable gear lever from TT. Will update when I see how well they work together :type

Just got me a pair of new Sidi Typhoon boots!:thumb2

But now, I can't seem to flex my foot low enough to get under the gear lever!!! Even after rmoving that rubber pads. Shifted all day today using the side of the boot instead of the instep :mad:

Is this a characteristic of the Sidi boots? or do I need to adjust the gear lever so it sits more angled up? Never really had a pair of boots like these before......

I don't think that adjusting gear lever up will solve the problem, not in my case at list. It was good when I was going up with the gears, but changing down was terrible. I'd change the the foot pegs instead for TT ones. There are two configurations of them, shortening distance between the pegs and end of the lever and other making the distance longer. The adjustable gear leaver will do this same I gues :thumb

Back
Top Bottom