Half day to spend in Hannover

Harry Nicholson

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have half a day to spend in Hannover this coming Friday 15th August 2008 . Any places of interest would be appreciated . My start & end position is the main Rail Station .

Cheers

Harry

There's not a huge amount - we bombed most flat!

Given a half day I might hire a pushbike and ride around the park - it's very central and very nice.

cheers

Sorry to bring bad news

Hannover, the Wolverhamption of Germany, but without the charm.
The station area is the least attractive part of town.
Sorry.

Yup, have to agree with the above sentiments - I've been to Hannover for a week every year for the last 10+ years....it's a dump!:(

best thing about Hannover is the motorway leading out of town... the place sucks R's

Steintor on the underground system is the place where you can see all the local drunks and Junkies hanging around, there's the big exhibition ground just out of town (that's a proper R's sucky place on a massive scale)

the shopping centre reminded me of Auf Widerseen Pet... but less funny with more Mullets.

I liked the airport when the plane left with me on it.

My recommendation get really drunk quickly....

they've got a very good locksmith near DAS PC WELT right in the middle of town:thumb

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm , I wish you lot would say what you really mean about the place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It looks as if I´m in for a fun time .

Cheers

Harry

ps I remember once asking a taxi driver at Koblenz railway station to go the the old town , he didn´t know what I was talking about . Transpired we bombed that too . Didn´t like Koblenz much .Suppose Hannover might be like that .

there's some very friendly ladies that live near the train station, in flats above some shops:augie

that might be true but the mingers start two flights up so don't waste your time thinking things will get better the higher you go....:blast

there's some very friendly ladies that live near the train station, in flats above some shops:augie
Yup, seen some of them...:augie ...alledgedly they get better looking as you get to the upper floors...:augie...I'm not convinced;)

I have half a day to spend in Hannover this coming Friday 15th August 2008 . Any places of interest would be appreciated . My start & end position is the main Rail Station .

Cheers

Harry

Hi Harry, I go there quite a lot on business. Perhaps the best is to get the map out and consider jumping on a train. A few stops gets you somewhere much nicer...........Good luck mate.

My Grandad, long since departed, went to Hanover a few times. I remember him telling me about it.

He didn't land, though.

Harry,

I agree with all the above comments. If I was a true local, I'd also take offence to you posting about Hannover in the "Black Forest" section. Hannover belongs more in the "Black Hole" section :D

So in short it's an armpit full of arseholes, most people would rather have bad news from the pox doctor than spend 20 minutes there.

Welcome to Hannover, we hope you enjoy your stay.....:D

on the plus side Hameln and the mountains towards the south east are rather nice if you get off the motorway....:thumb

Yes you were right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK OK OK OK yes Hannover is exactly as described , terrible , but didn´t test the girls of the night .

Cheers

Harry

tin hat on
was there with work a few years ago didnt think it was that bad:hide
seem to remember a london theme pub

Hannover? Are you sure?

I like Hannover, been there quite a few times. I found plenty to interest me around the Hauptbahnhof - no I wasn't thinking about the girls!

Louis Motorrad, pronounced 'Lewis,' is a big shop in Hamburger Allee, within easy walking distance, and is a must visit for bikers. It's part of a large chain rather like Hein Gericke, but with more stuff and with prices that makes UK bikers wonder why we're always so ripped off! If you visit Louis, be prepared, you will buy stuff and a new helmet can be a pain to carry!

Herrenhausen Gardens - probably the large park already referred to is worth a look, but probably for an afternoon, in the Altstadt there's more to interest you, Bierkellers, Brewpubs, all the usual city stuff you'd expect. Probably more interesting than Manchester or Birmingham cos it's foreign! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom