Dimwit question(s)

Doofus

Reaction score
Hi

I was at the NEC bike show and took quite a fancy to the KTMs. I liked one that I believe was called an LC4 690 Supermoto R. However, I must admit that I saw a lot of bikes with a lot of names and numbers and I might have made some of that name up, or simply added a bit from the name of a Huyasong on a nearby stand.

Anyway - it comes in black with orange frame and with near vertical exhausts. There was also a similar bike that was all black, and had, I think, the same name except for the R.

I have spent an hour on the internet (including KTM's website) trying to work out KTM model names / differences, but with little joy. I still cannot tell if KTM make two or twenty different biles with a 690 engine.

Is there somewhere this is all set out?

If not, can anyone explain quickly (for your benefit) and simply (for mine)?

E.g. what does the extra R mean in the names I mention above. Also some bikes seem to be called "Supermoto" and some "SM / SMC" - I would have thought surely this means the same, but they all seem to look different.

I am looking for a mid-size road legal bike that will never see anything but tarmac (just like my 1200GS!). Is there an obvious choice?

Also I am not convinced I have found the same bikes on the internet as the NEC stand price list said the "R" was £5395 and the non-R was £4995 (or thereabouts). However, the bikes I think seem to be the same are with dealers on the internet with RRPs almost £1k higher.

I am sure this must all be simple but it baffles me...

cheers
Barren

Back
Top Bottom