Time will tell...

Tim Dobby

After trying most single 600/650 trails I decided that one cylinder and chain drive did not make relaxed enough riding for me. I ordered a new low suspension GSA1200 in May08 and love it.Family and own biz meant I only covered 3500 miles in 2008 but that included a 2000 mile round trip to Mallorca in September.Bike was comfortable (500 miles daily) and trouble free. Only issue to date is seam splitting at rear of rider seat which was promptly replaced under warranty by Bahnstormer. This site has many negative contributors and I hope they are simply better represented than happy owners; BMW have no excuse for not making a reliable boxer bike, based on the decades they have had to get it right and the premium one pays for the product. Time will tell if I will buy another boxer GS or not! Just registered on this site after viewing from time to time.

In Czech with wife and daughter at the moment so it will have to be a decent lager! There are some good biking roads here if you can tolerate the odd suicidal local driver....

Hi Tim,i ride a 1150gsa but im sure although the 12 seems to get some serious stick here im guessing theres a whole bunch of guys who havent had one prob.:Motomartin

Back
Top Bottom