2 trips?

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Happy New Year to one and all!

Now we are in the new year, I`ll be able to tie down shippers, insurance companies etc to confirmed prices.

I`ve had such a huge response to this Trans US trip that I`m now going to have to organise at least 2 trips to accommodate everyone. It may even be the case that I do 3. It`s obviously a lot more work for me and it means I`ll have to spend 2/3 months in the US in 2010. Tough job but someone`s got to do it. :augie

As I mentioned in my initial post, I want to keep each group down to around 8 bikes if possible with a maximum of 10. This makes the group easy to keep together, get accommodation and is enough to get good discounts. It will also make the trips far more pleasurable for everyone.

The proposed 2 trips will be as follows and both will have a maximum 4 week duration:

Trip 1: June 2010 will be as already posted i.e San Francisco to Baltimore.

Trip 2: July 2010 will be reversed so will be Baltimore to Los Angeles (for bike shipping).

The costs will be the same, we will be visiting the same places and will be definite once in a lifetime trips.

Please let me know your preference, if you have one, by pm.

The second trip to Los Angeles will involve a visit to San Francisco and a ride down the West Coast. We will be shipping home from Long Beach in all likelyhood.

If we have time on the second trip, we can nip down to San Diego and a quick loop into Mexico whic would be a good end to the trip and very do-able:D

Happy New Year to one and all!

Now we are in the new year, I`ll be able to tie down shippers, insurance companies etc to confirmed prices.

I`ve had such a huge response to this Trans US trip that I`m now going to have to organise at least 2 trips to accommodate everyone. It may even be the case that I do 3. It`s obviously a lot more work for me and it means I`ll have to spend 2/3 months in the US in 2010. Tough job but someone`s got to do it. :augie

As I mentioned in my initial post, I want to keep each group down to around 8 bikes if possible with a maximum of 10. This makes the group easy to keep together, get accommodation and is enough to get good discounts. It will also make the trips far more pleasurable for everyone.

The proposed 2 trips will be as follows and both will have a maximum 4 week duration:

Trip 1: June 2010 will be as already posted i.e San Francisco to Baltimore.

Trip 2: July 2010 will be reversed so will be Baltimore to Los Angeles (for bike shipping).

The costs will be the same, we will be visiting the same places and will be definite once in a lifetime trips.

Please let me know your preference, if you have one, by pm.

This sounds Fantastic.

I'd been planning something simila as it's my 40th Next year...

You have a PM.

Ali:thumb

It's all gone quiet here Sarge.

Is there any more news or updates yet?

Back
Top Bottom