geen laning on an x challenge

gazuk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is the X Challenge a decent choice for green laning.

I currently have an 200 DRZ400E and think its a good time to get a newer bike as I think I'm going to stick to it for a while. I still class myself as very much a novice.

I'm 6ft 3 and a little over 10 stone (well 6 stone over to be precise :augie) so I figure 400cc as a minimue (I also have a 30 min drive to and from box hill where normally start laning from).

Good bikes, you'll be suprised

Better suspension than a DRZ perhaps..................penalty is that it weighs more

On road it will be much more civilised and allow to tour Europe if you so desire

I currently have an 200 DRZ400E and think its a good time to get a newer bike as I think I'm going to stick to it for a while. I still class myself as very much a novice.

I'm 6ft 3 and a little over 10 stone (well 6 stone over to be precise :augie) so I figure 400cc as a minimue (I also have a 30 min drive to and from box hill where normally start laning from).

6ft 3 is about the minimum height to get both feet down. I am around 6ft4 and find it nice and comfortable.

Yet to get mine off road though!

for the south of england where we have little to really chalange us and need to ride roads berween lanes it's hard to think of a better bike.

Other than an Airhead

Pretty spot on I reckon. I'm 6'4" and with bar risers its the right height for me. I find a bit of handful on tight muddy single tracks but those with a greater skill level than me can hussle them through just about anything.

Look out for a ride report tomorrow - off out in the morning on mine on Johnny Boxers ride out.

Paul

thanks for the replies guys. One correction to my post is that its a 2000 DRZ 400, as in the year 2000. General opinion from green laners seems to be that this is plenty big/powerful enough for green lanes.

As the green lanes round Surrey/Sussex are fairly small/narrow with not many long and flowing sections I was wondering if the X challenge would be too heavy for these types of lanes. Last time I went out on the DRZ it was chucking down of rain and cold and I got a righ sweat on trying to get the DRZ throug some of the muddy lanes.

I have a 1100GS so long distance touring is covered.

Back
Top Bottom