Wire cable for helmet holder

Martin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a couple of wire cables to hook onto the 800GS's helmet holders? My local dealer says they show up as unobtainable on BMW's parts ordering system.

Thanks

I see you live in Oxforshire, try getting down to a canal chandlers and buying a piece of cable and crimps:)

Thanks for the link, but the cables are all too thick..It needs to be really thin, otherwise the seat can't be fitted back onto the bike when the cable's in use.
The owners manual says a cable is available from BMW. However, the dealer can't order any as they appear to be discontinued!
I usually stuff the helmet in the topbox. However, if anything's left in the box, I have to carry the helmet round with me.
Why don't BMW offer them for sale anymore?

I've got one which is 5mm thick, which works on my K1200.
Takes a bit of searching in their catalogue, but it's there on page 23 of 29 on the download version.
I got mine from my local m/c shop.

B&Q does some cables with locks for £2.99, or a set of three all keyed the same for £7.98. I have a couple permanently attached to the bike so I can lock on helmet, jacket, etc., and when travelling can lock on luggage roll and tyres.

If you give me a bell on Tuesday,I'll make you a couple.I use 2mm stainless wire for the check straps on my panniers,so that should do

01829 771040 workshop
07905 802663 mobile

Thanks for the offer, but BMW customer services put me in touch with a dealer who had one left. I bought it.

Back
Top Bottom