Blue anchor

Zoton

15mg and rising
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Post fire:Blue Anchor

What's the issue with the repairs , has it started , anybody know the time frame.

So where's the wednesday night meet going to be now ?

Bob James said:
Post fire:Blue Anchor

What's the issue with the repairs , has it started , anybody know the time frame.

So where's the wednesday night meet going to be now ?

Bob,
From what I've read in local press earliest re-opening date is September-slightly optimistic methinks :rolleyes:
Repairs-as far as I can see the scaffolding is up,the tenders are out,and there'll be lots of shaking heads and inward whistling through nashed teeth going on for months yet:rolleyes:
Health & safety will demand standard "euro size & spec" ceiling heights and door sizes..................................................
Cadw or some other such preservation quango will want it restored "as built" :rolleyes:
And the insurers will decide they're only paying for bog standard "wood chip,emulsion and mdf":confused:

Hope I'm proven wrong and it's open for business again soon,alternative venues?? Dunno We could continue to use the car park and set up a burger and tea/coffee van I s'pose...........
:beerjug:

Alternative meeting.........

Speaking to a fellow GS'er recently who reported that a pub called "The Star" in Wick is biker friendly,it's beginning to take the "Blue Anchor's" place as a meeting point for summer Wednesday evenings (until the Anchor is open again) :rolleyes:

Think I'll have a look this Wednesday,will report back......:beer:

Er...were you one of the couple or so GS riders in the car park when I rode passed on works Pan on Wednesday??? I did give you a nod...don't know if you returned the gesture or gave my back a different one, me being plod.

If I can add a bit about the pub; my wife and I stopped there last year after I got out of hospital after getting wiped out by a van. If the staff are still the same I wouldn't mind adding my tuppence worth and saying....they were brilliant. They started serving food early espaecially for us and the food was on a par with the best around....The Bush, The Bear in Cowbridge, upstairs in the Anchor, and excellent prices which is important to me being a tight miserable Northern git!

Was it me?

Ex Hornet 900
Yes it was me and 2 mates,Robin on his ZRX (normally part of the furniture @ The Anchor) :beer: and Dave on his TL1000R:eek:
We were the only bikes there:rolleyes:
Nice little pub tho,food looked and smelled great-pity we'd already eaten really:(
We did hear you beep and we did, give a wave:D
Pop in if you see us there again,not sure about this week (11th),but should be there next week 18th Aug.

Back
Top Bottom