Phone audio issues with Autocom 300 and Zumo 660

divelandy

Reaction score
Just submitted this to Garmin and also posted on the intercom section
- anyone here know the answer...

Equipment:
Sony W595
Autocom Super Pro (300) with bluetooth dongle.
Garmin Zumo 660

Ideal setup:
1. Phone connected with bluetooth to GPS
2. GPS phone audio to Intercom bluetooth
3. GPS instructions and music wired to intercom using 3.5mm jack.

The GPS instructions are not clear if i'm able to split audio like this (2 & 3) though using the BT connection and setting the volume to 'Headphone' appears to do this.

This is how it's connected at the moment, with no hardwired mike from intercom to GPS.

I have tried the following.

1. connect phone to intercom (Autocom 300)
- phone audio quality is always good

2. Connect phone to GPS and GPS to intercom through stereo connect (removed BT connection to intercom) (NOTE: no audio from bike as mike cable is not connected), phone and music quality is always good.

3. Connect Phone to GPS and GPS to phone using bluetooth. Audio set to Bluetooth headset. Phone quality is poor and sounds like 'metal micky'. Music audio ok (Mono Intercom Bluetooth...)

4. Connect Phone to GPS and GPS to phone using bluetooth. Audio set to Headphone. Phone quality is poor and sounds like 'metal micky'. Music audio good (stereo)

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Steve

Steve, I've got the same set up near as can be, Zumo 660, Sony Ericsson C902 and Autocom Super Pro AVI, I haven't got the complete answer yet but today we spent quite some time in my workshops (we're auto electronics guys) trying to get this right. I'm suffering the same "Dalek down a drain pipe" but only on incoming calls??!! If I dial out it's clear as a bell, I also suffer from the Autocom Bluetooth dongle freezing my MP3 on the Zumo (intermittent) and worst of all the Zumo freezing my phone after I switch off the bike/Zumo/Autocom which I can only cure by switching off and switching my phone back on again. On the plus side I found that Sony phones remember the volume setting in the profile so when your making a call via the Zumo/Autocom adjust the phone volume directly on the handset and it remembers it forever more. If I select "headphone" as the output on the Zumo, as opposed to "Bluetooth" then all the auto mute and vox work correctly but if I select "Bluetooth" then no reduction in music volume when vox kicks in. I know this is because the facility isn't available on the input channel for the Bluetooth dongle, we ran out of time today so next week we're going to have the lid off the Autocom and fiddle with things. I have also tried with a different (new in a box) Autocom and a new phone(same model) and have the same results. Using a Zumo 550 or a Tomtom Rider everything works well. Sorry for the vague and quick reply but time's against me. If I get anything sorted I'll pm you.

Morning chaps,

Did you ever have any joy getting to the bottom of this - I have a similar setup with an Active Duo 200 and have resorted to hardwiring all things zumo and using the bluetooth module directly to the phone. It's be great to be able to interface the zumo and phone.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom