do you ever wonder where your old bikes are ?

chad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
and do you see them around from time to time

this was my first GS:cool:

that i took from this
bm-first-pics-003.jpg

to this
PBP-marmite-015.gif

i was wondering if its still around:)

One of mine was broken up for bits..................

that is - the bits that weren't broken already .................... :augie

Al :toungincheek

i always wondered what happened to my old zx9r:nenau

not really fussed what happened to any of my others.

Most of mine are still here with me :)
The one I really miss is TNT 57 my 1957 DBD32 Goldie:drool:drool that I sold in 1969 to get married for the first time :tears:tears:tears:tears
Should have kept me Goldie, More faithful and a better ride.....
Since 1972 any bike I've liked:drool, I've kept, thats why I have 14 at the moment :)

Just as a matter of interest Keith, but roughly what would she be worth now?

My Brother in Law bought a '54 500 Goldie for £7000 and it needed work.
Mine was 350 in full clubmans trim, RRT2 box, laminated head gasket, george dow 4 leading shoe brake etc etc plus it was MINT....
I've just looked at Auction prices over last 3 years and it would be worth around 8 to £10.000, to me tho' it would be priceless :drool

My Brother in Law bought a '54 500 Goldie for £7000 and it needed work.
Mine was 350 in full clubmans trim, RRT2 box, laminated head gasket, george dow 4 leading shoe brake etc etc plus it was MINT....
I've just looked at Auction prices over last 3 years and it would be worth around 8 to £10.000, to me tho' it would be priceless :drool

As one who always used to have a fetish about front brakes I bet that stopped better than BMW brakes?.
Dave GS

The one I really miss is TNT 57 my 1957 DBD32 Goldie
I had a feeling (although I used to know these things) that the only DBD model was the 500, and the 350 was only ever a "DB32". Am I wrong? (wouldn't be the first time :D)
Since 1972 any bike I've liked:drool, I've kept, thats why I have 14 at the moment :)
I wish I had your storage space... :tears

I had a feeling (although I used to know these things) that the only DBD model was the 500, and the 350 was only ever a "DB32". Am I wrong? (wouldn't be the first time :D)

Yup DBD 32 available 1956/57 although one I know to is mis listed as a 1966..
[2nd pic here] BUT It is definitely a 56..
Special order from Small Heath works, mine came via Johnny Brittain of Bloxwich...

Attachments

• BSA-DBD32.jpg
    BSA-DBD32.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 335
  • BSA-DBD32.1956.jpg
    BSA-DBD32.1956.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 312
Special order from Small Heath works, mine came via Johnny Brittain of Bloxwich...

what a handsome young smurf you were:D

thats a reet purty bike is that,,my old dads always smacking his forehead when he thinks of the old collectors items he used to own:comfort

I stand corrected Sir.

I did have a DB32 engine (only) at one time, I bought it with the intention of putting it into a B31 I had at the same time which sadly never went on the road (but I was living on a farm at that time so it did get some use).

Since I probably wouldn't have uprated anything else on the bike to cope (I was a lot younger and stupider), it's possibly just as well that never happened. :augie

what a handsome young smurf you were:D

thats a reet purty bike is that,,my old dads always smacking his forehead when he thinks of the old collectors items he used to own:comfort

As am I.

Honda CB72, BSA B31 & M33 (not mentioning the C15), AJS 350 short stroke, AJS 600, AJS 650, Norton Dominator 88, 1970 Bonneville, Norton 850 Interstate.

Also 1948 ringpull Land Rover, and two Jowett Javelins...

The one I really miss is TNT 57 my 1957 DBD32 Goldie:drool:drool that I sold in 1969 to get married for the first time :tears:tears:tears:tears
Should have kept me Goldie, More faithful and a better ride.....

Same here - although I've only got 3 bikes from the 3 years I've been riding (not counting the DT50 I had for 12 months when I was 16!)

I had a few K series some while back, be interesting to see if they are still out there and giving good service.
K100 RT F397UVH
K1100LT K633MLG
K1100LT L26 BEL
K1100LTSE M584YRF :D

I had a few K series some while back, be interesting to see if they are still out there and giving good service.
K100 RT F397UVH - YES
K1100LT K633MLG - NO
K1100LT L26 BEL - YES
K1100LTSE M584YRF - NO

:D

:thumb

the two 'No' may still be alive and well.. just that they're not currently insured.

my first GS was X131LGW it would be nice to know if its still giving sterling service:cool:

Back
Top Bottom