What's It Worth?

Happy Meal

Looking for the group's experience and opinions once again

I have an 06 12gs with just over 13,000 miles. It has a Laser Exhaust (don't have the original as previous owner had sold it on), pyramid hugger, and touratech lights (plus handguards, clear indicator lenses, etc).

Taxed until the end of March, MOT due end of Jan (I think)

Metzler rear tyre with 3k on it (so about 5k of general use)

Two separate dealers have given me contrasting values - Millsport Ballymoney gave me £6.5k trade in, DND in Bangor said book shows just over £5.5. The price for a second hand 12GS with similar spec/milage from a dealer seems to be around £7k but obviously they ain't going to sell for that!

I know now's the time to sell but I'm thinking it might be a good time to trade:nenau

Don't have any pictures to post at the minute to assist, but thoughts and opinions appreciated:aidan

the avarage asking price down here seems to be about 8300 euro and there are lots of them about
to me thats means an automatic discount down to 8k,after that its a question of how badly the owner wants to sell,cash is king right now.
if you remove the vrt that brings the price back to about 7500euro,
if you are getting 6500 sterling i think you are doing ok

ps i sold a similar bike a few weeks ago so i have done a little homework on the subject

Last edited:
Cheers Frank

I was thinking £6k was acceptable but was worried that I was setting my sights too low.

Am a bit sceptical that the £6.5k value from Millsport was to encourage me to come up the road plus have heard a rumour that he won't be taking many more GS' as trade-ins due to accepting 3 already as deposits for the new multistrada!:eek:

Has anyone else sold a similar bike up here recently?

Back
Top Bottom