What I did the weekend of the MMMMMMMT.

Tengiz99

Reaction score
I was working and couldn't make it, a double whammy as it started in my home town. :rolleyes:

Anyway, an aircraft had to be delivered to Malta, I took a few pictures along the way. One of our PPLs did the flying. I did the nav/radio and general nagging.

Loading up at Denham airfield. The key to a long trip is crisps, jaffa cakes, and juice boxes.
DSC00273.jpg

Coasting out over La Manche. The red reflection is from my lifejacket.
DSC00279.jpg

Approaching Le Touquet for the first fuel stop. We can generally fly about 3 hours, and conservatively look to stop at 2 and a half.
DSC00283.jpg

Short final Le Touquet.
DSC00284.jpg

On the ground.
DSC00286.jpg

Next stop Troyes.
DSC00296.jpg

Approaching Lyon Bron.
DSC00303.jpg

Just short of the airport.
DSC00306.jpg

We over nighted in a hotel beside Lyon Bron airport, day 2 we're off again.
The Rhone and Isere meet.
DSC00312.jpg

We headed south to avoid the alps, didn't fancy climbing to 14,000 feet for the transit. :eek:
Lake in the foothills of the alps.
DSC00320.jpg

Cannes (baby), fuel stop. Very posh airport, as you might imagine.
DSC00323.jpg

Monaco.
DSC00332.jpg

Italy, Massa Cinquale. The local aeroclub were having a bbq, unfortunately we couldn't join in, they were very welcoming. :jager
DSC00336.jpg

Routing along the beach at 500 feet to avoid Pisa.
DSC00338.jpg

Routing south along the coast for Rome.
DSC00341.jpg

Map and approach chart for Rome Urbe. Nightmare approach. Nightstop 2.
DSC00346.jpg

Nice Landy.
DSC00351.jpg

Some time later, Capri.
DSC00364.jpg

Salerno.
DSC00371.jpg

Reggio Di Calabria, last fuel stop.
DSC00378.jpg

Snow capped Etna. We arrived in Malta about an hour later.
DSC00381.jpg

Yeah it was a pretty nice gig. :augie :D

Highest we were was 5000 ft to cross a mini alp or two. Lowest was 500 feet down the beach to route around Pisa. Otherwise just as required to avoid terrain (cumulus granitus), or when crossing water high enough that we had time to yell for help if it all went quiet in the engine department. :eek:

Still, running around Ulster on the F800 followed by copious pints would also have been fun!

Assistant Position!

I'd be willing to bring the chrisps and the jaffa cakes the next time.:thumb2

Living in hope!!!

Without looking at the manual, (and I should know this), I think it's certified to 14,000 feet. The primary reason being that in the event of an engine fire, even at max rate of descent, the fire would have worked it through some critical components before you had a chance to put it on the deck. It's always the first limit that gets you...
:blagblah

Back
Top Bottom