Zumo 660 Version 3.80 as of May 26 2010

Wapping

Reaction score
My 660 is fed from the dedicated spur behund the headstock.

Following the upgrade to V 3.8 it appears that the 660 now stays powered by the bike's battery after the ignition is switched off, rather than switching to its internal batteries after a minute or so.

That is something new.

Following the upgrade to V 3.8 it appears that the 660 now stays powered by the bike's battery after the ignition is switched off, rather than switching to its internal batteries after a minute or so.

That is something new.

Perhaps they have built in some logic that tells it to wait for a few seconds when it 'sees' a power drop, before it goes onto batteries. Mine used to kick out and back in when the voltage dropped when the started motor was spinning. Not checked yet to see if 3.80 has changed it for me ?

That is something new.

Hi Richard,

I have just checked on my Stelvio and my 660 still gives a 30 sec countdown when the ignition is switched off - so not a feature with the 660 maybe something to do with the Beemer ?

Mine switches itself off with the usual countdown!

Going back to the other thread Richard, the only way I can scroll across to say, another country, is to scroll the map away from the current location, then I can zoom out and then scroll the map. If I don't scroll away from the curent location first, and try zoom out it goes to the 'save' page... so I guess that's sorted :)

:beerjug:

Hi Richard,

I have just checked on my Stelvio and my 660 still gives a 30 sec countdown when the ignition is switched off - so not a feature with the 660 maybe something to do with the Beemer ?

Mine used to prior to the update of the software. Prior to the update, it was the usual: Turn off ignition, the bike stays live for a minute or so, then up popped the external power lost waring and the switch to battery power countdown.

Now it just stays live, so it must be feeding off the bike's battery. 20 minutes plus last night whilst I fiddled about in the garage.

No great problem.... Providing I remember to take the 660 off its cradle.

Going back to the other thread Richard, the only way I can scroll across to say, another country, is to scroll the map away from the current location, then I can zoom out and then scroll the map. If I don't scroll away from the curent location first, and try zoom out it goes to the 'save' page... so I guess that's sorted :)

:beerjug:

That's that fixed, Micky :thumb2

I've upgraded and I'm sure I read somewhere that the canbus can sense that the 660 battery is not full, and so leaves the power on until its charged...

then it turns off...

get the feeling mine did that the other night when I was messing about with other things in the garage ;) See what happens if your internal battery isn't full...

Mine powers off as usual after the upgrade, but not powered from Canbus.

Back
Top Bottom