More data - v - more map view in V3.8 on Garmin 660

Wapping

Reaction score
Having had five days to play with the new software's view options, I came to the conclusion that, on long routes, the more data view was best.

I had it showing:

Time to turn

Arrival distance

Arrival time

Heading

in the boxes down the right hand side. The map / routing area was reduced to between 75 and 66% of the screen's total area which was fine.

If on the journey I wanted 'more map' I simply tapped the screen, giving nearly a full screen map view which I could then orientate to suit.

Routes

Having had five days to play with the new software's view options, I came to the conclusion that, on long routes, the more data view was best.

I had it showing:

Time to turn

Arrival distance

Arrival time

Heading

in the boxes down the right hand side. The map / routing area was reduced to between 75 and 66% of the screen's total area which was fine.

If on the journey I wanted 'more map' I simply tapped the screen, giving nearly a full screen map view which I could then orientate to suit.

Hi Wapping , soon away to France and use your guide you sent me as reference thanks again , quick question after you have loaded a route to the 660 and then you wish to preveiw that route on the zumo screen how long does it take as mine can take up to 5 mins ( route is 270 miles 38 via point french d roads) ??????? Is that right or wrong

Thanks

Stick

I had it showing:

Time to turn

Arrival distance

Arrival time

Heading

I use the same as you, except Speed rather than Heading.

I like to know my real speed, as I can then use the 10% + 2mph to full advantage :ronno

Back
Top Bottom