met blue for 2011 looks the biz..

can't resist...am i mad?? :eek

Trev

I've already contributed more than enough to Willies pension fund :eek

PS the Old ones (Evo's) are the best
PSS 5 down none to go, all big twins.

how come?? :confused:

If I had to pick one from the current line up it would the 2010 FXDWG :D

I had a 93my 1340 and it was probably the nicest Harley I've had. I did 35000miles on it with just routine servicing and sold it for more money than I paid for it. I've also had an 883 Sportster, a 91my Heritage Softail Classic and a 95my Electra Glide Ultra Classic but the Dyna Wideglide was by far the best :thumb

you really need to ride one for a couple of hours over all types of road surface. the sprung seat and the softail frame seemed to work against each other giving a strange ride when i had one out for a few hours but it may just of beenthe way the demo bike was set up

I had a 2009 Fat Boy Softail (lower bars and fixed seat)for a few months last year. Been seeing a chiropractor/physio ever since due to lower backpain. No other trauma / strain to account for it. Coincidence perhaps but try before you buy. Lovely bike for sunny days,short distance smooth roads IMHO, Thats why I'm back on an 1150GS

Last edited:
I had a 2009 Fat Boy Softail (lower bars and fixed seat)for a few months last year. Been seeing a chiropractor/physio ever since due to lower backpain. No other trauma / strain to account for it. Coincidence perhaps but try before you buy. Lovely bike for sunny days,short distance smooth roads IMHO, Thats why I'm back on an 1150GS

Sorry to hear that but i ride cycling time trials so my back is ok on the flexibility front anyway thankfully.

TBH i dont really want a mega handling bike - the GS will continue to do all the rough stuff and 2 up touring etc.

This little venture is more about having a giggle on something different to modify and cruise about on. I'll most likely trade the Busa. I wont be selling the GS any time soon.

None of the other Hogs does it for me so whether one handles a bit better than the other isnt really the question.

T

I have to say I had a twin cam softail nightrain, and went with dyna sports bars on 4 inch risers and a corbin seat, I have to say that I have never riden a more comfortable bike over distance, the GS is better for luggage and weather protection and at speed is less tiring to ride but it is nowhere near as comfortable, did a run to octoberfest in Munchen in one hit no problem.

Just my tuppence worth re personal comfort. Believe me ,I would have kept the FB if I could have got on with it, lovely iconic style and the noise with VH pipes on !

I can really see the attraction of the Cross Bones,looks real cool and old school. Given your current stable reserve of bikes, BUY IT!

I was smitten with them when they first appeared. I watched the promo video over and over again. Finally the day came when they had a demonstrator in the local HD dealer and off I rushed for a test ride. :bounce1

What a dissapointment, it is sooo close but no cigar :(

Handling is odd (but it's a Harley :nenau ) but the looks are way off IMHO. I've since seen them with flat bars etc and they look much better, but they still look like they've had a front end smash to me. :p

Bought a Superglide and a Shovel Head and still had change ;)

Decisions decisions!
I had a ride on a Heritage Softail then a ride on this baby in the fotos – totally bowled over!I then rode a Heritage with screen removed and came away decided that I like screens! The Cross Bones wasn’t available but it was sufficient to ride the Heritage without the screen to realize that I want a bike with a screen. 10 bikes 96B engine had oodles of torque and was a really slick bike to ride – clutch, brakes and handling were all really smooth and as long as you ride it in a relaxed way it was really satisfying.
As a bit of a novelty I wanted a run on one of the full dressers which have always fascinated me but rarely would have made me contemplate buying especially looking at the price tags! This particular one was an 05 FLHTCUI which was a total revelation! I had my gf on the back and we had a complete hoot! The sheer size of it is incredible but get it rolling and the weight disappears and with the stereo cranked up we settled in to the most enjoyable ride ive had on a bike for many years to be honest. The engine is a 1340cc (I think) with a stage 1 which was plenty enough for us to sit back and enjoy that class that this bike exudes. Unfortunately the front brakes were crap which apparently is std on this model – not what id want from a 5yr old bike priced at 12.5K. Different of course from a GS – more comfy with more features but without the off road capacity obviously. The riding position and the whole dash was right up my street.
How did I finish up? Well more inclined towards an Electra, still trade the Busa and see if I can stretch to a new one. But to get cruise control,heated grips and intercom which I’d want we would need to go for the Limited which is £21K! The Classic I actually prefer the look of but it doesn’t have the accessories I’d like. :eek Hmmmmm
What did I learn? Well maybe I don’t really want a full on chopper or maybe I do but just not yet….
Heres the bike i rode
http://www.provincewide.com/product/327.aspx

Before you buy, consider trying out the following:

• Road King / Classic - all the looks of some of the more posy bikes but still handles
  • Street Glide - All the practicality of a decent glide with none of the bulk

Intercoms are probably best as aftermarket anyway, the latest blue tooth versions are much better and more versatile than the bike mounted jobbies.

You can fit a "Tourpack" to any glide if you want the backrest / top box.

Wouldn't let cruise control become a deal breaker. Nice an' all; but finding a nice clear road without some traffic forcing you to vary your speed's not as easy as you'd think.

The year I got my Standard [last year] was the final year they were offered in the UK so I was able to get an Electra Glide without coughing for the extras I didn't want.

I'm sure you'll find a new EG brakes significantly better than the '05 model you demoed.

Back
Top Bottom