Phoenix Training, Amesbury

Ewan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My Fiancee Sarah and I recently did a day on off road training with Tony at Phoenix Training in Amesbury, Wiltshire.

Our aim was to get some off road experience on our own bikes (BMW F8000GS) before going off on an overseas trip later this year. We did a day with Patsy at Desert Rose a couple of months ago, using smaller enduro bikes to learn the basics.

We had 2-to-1 training, just us and Tony, owner of Phoenix. He was a great instructor, putting us at ease (especially Sarah who was a little nervous at the start of the day), gradually building up the difficulty of riding, and pushing us far enough to be taxed, but not so far as to result in disaster!

We both learnt a lot, and having an experienced instructor on hand while we tried things on our bikes for the first time was invaluable. He also arranged our route so that at some points I could take a more challenging route while Sarah could take the less daunting option and keep her confidence in tact.

Tony was super friendly guy, and took pics throughout the day that he emailed us within about an hour of the course finishing! A full day of training for two of us on Salisbury plain was under £300, and he even bought us lunch.

Most of his off road training is done using the schools own Yamaha TTR250 bikes, but you can use your own bike and he will tailor a day to suit, as he did with us.

Highly recommended. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom