Is it the Fuel consumption
Is it the Torque
Insurance
Grin Factor
Wheelies
Great handling
Off-Road
It wakes up the neighbours

I have had twins ,triples,fours over the last 25 years but cut my teeth with singles off-roading when i was younger and i jumped on one 6 months ago after many years and wondered why i had wondered away from them.

For me from the above.

Its the Grin Factor!, its not about speed but about fun and i feel about 18 again

:beerjug:

Nah! It's the perineal pounding you chaps get off on.

Deep prostatic massage raises circulating beta-endorphin levels, thats all.

Beta-endorphin molecules act on your sensorium like opium, crafted like that by aeons for a gentlemans pleasure.

Counter balancer shafts? Sheesh!

Might as well say you didn't inhale....

panther.jpg

Is that why Boxers are fer poofs?

Oh, my gawd, I never said that Occifer. Fetching me coat and leaving country!.....

Sid,

Hardknott pass by single:
reg.JPG

and Hardknott by twin:
attachment.php

No further comment required ;)

Alternative photo captions

Mono pot :

man & machine in perfect harmony, creaming the whazzocks out of Hardknott pass

Lardy Boxer :
Oh no!! Mum - it's doing it again, mum - tell it! I think I'm going to fall over.

:p :p :p

Gs 650?

Everything you need in a compact package - bit like inside me pants then - until its revved up of course ladies.

I've just spent the weekend with Pavey and Plumb finding out what the Dakar (and i) can do off road.

ACE.

And then i can pack it up and tour Europe after.

What more d'ya want?

You should have seen JPisace drop his 650 half a mile up a rocky 75 degree scree slope! After trying to doughnut into a gully.

Fab weekend. Pavey and the instructors are stars.

timmy said:
Gs 650?

Everything you need in a compact package - bit like inside me pants then - until its revved up of course ladies.

I've just spent the weekend with Pavey and Plumb finding out what the Dakar (and i) can do off road.

ACE.

What more d'ya want?

You should have seen JPisace drop his 650 half a mile up a rocky 75 degree scree slope! After trying to doughnut into a gully.

JP said you were shit and he was brilliant!! must have been the angle you were watching from!!
Liz:D

timmy said:
Gs 650?

ACE.

What more d'ya want?

Yep, it was a great weekend and whilst i wouldn't want to live with a 650 permanently, the engine does a really good impression of a tractor, so it's well able to keep on pulling when struggling up impossible inclines.

As for the 75 degree slope it was more like 85 degree, and i cleaned it once but went back to prove it wasn't a fluke. Broke the clutch lever in the ensuing tumble - proving that it might have been a fluke - as i nearly managed to ride full circle on the scree littered face of a cliff - but not necessarily intentionally.

Cracking time though. Huge amount of fun. But i'll still stick with the 1150. Remains to be seen if i can ride that off-road with the same degree of confidence that i had with the smaller, lighter 650. Especially when the Bird is on the back too. See you in North York Moors - and where's the photos Timmy?

Johnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Do you listen to everything Johniieee says Big Bird!?

I must admit tho that i didnt attempt the 89 degree rocky off-camber, crocodile-infested-side-gullied mine strewn slope for 3 reasons;

a) i think i used up all my lives on the previous day's biggie slope

b) it took 5 attempts, and after each attempt (except the last - stupid) it took some kind hearted chaps to climb down and help me pick the bike up. Yes i realise now that perhaps they were not being helpful but only wanted to watch the following spectacle of my next attempt.

c) I was a little bit scared!

Great to see you come a cropper John!

What a great weekend and i even managed it with just a wee glob of vaseline and a rear footpeg forcefully rammed in my right calf.

Are you considering the Brecon Challenge John or the Cambrian or KTM. Let me know.

Liz, i sent you a pm.

timmy

timmy said:
I must admit tho that i didnt attempt the 89 degree rocky off-camber, crocodile-infested-side-gullied mine strewn slope
timmy

GIRL!!!!:ymca

Back
Top Bottom