What lid do you use?

Urban Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I only ask coz currently I ride with a black Tour-X which will not "look" right on the Street Bob. I'm not gonna go down the route of leather jeans, cowboy boots or vests at all but was thinking about an open face lid... Never used one before so decided to head off to the scooter cafe yesterday to try some different ones on prior to deciding. I tried a number of versions ranging in price from £49.00 up to £240. The last one I tried on was a Davida Jet and it fitted perfectly... Needless to say it was also the most expensive at £240.00. They didn't have the design I wanted so thought I'd do some surfing once home. I found the model i wanted (plain matt black) from V Customs for the sum of £220 and that included a rather cool pair of Davida sunglasses designed for use with the lid, extra lenses in clear and yell as well as an elastic attachment to replace the arms so they fit like goggles. The lid arrived today and i decided to take the GSA out for a blatt and see how the lid performed... Have to say I'm very impressed with it, minimal wind noise and very comfortable. I believe it's even quieter than my Tour-X. Absolutely love it and may be a full time open face convert .....

Until the first bee smacks me in the kisser:D

Maybe like this then.........:D

Attachments

• IMG_1092 c.jpg
    IMG_1092 c.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 407
Schoolboy error I'm afraid, should have bought the Davida Speedster :cool

Mutters, I looked at the Speedster but was put off by the fact that it doesn't currently meet any UK safety requirements.. :nenau
Probably only due to recent changes but still another thing for the boys in blue to discuss, (along with the loud pipes etc:D)...

BTW what is the difference between them?

Here's the new "look" what do ya think??:D

Great helmet that:thumb2
I bought one but it didn't fit my head despite perseverance :blast. A great shame. One of the quietest helmets you'll get I reckon. I'm a big fan of open face whatever bike I'm on :nenau

Mutters, I looked at the Speedster but was put off by the fact that it doesn't currently meet any UK safety requirements.. :nenau
Probably only due to recent changes but still another thing for the boys in blue to discuss, (along with the loud pipes etc:D)...

BTW what is the difference between them?

You are quite right, it doesn't meet the current standards, but hey you are a Harley rider and a rebel without a cause :ymca

It's a much lower profile and leather lined. So the downside is lower protection and a sweaty head in hot weather, the upside is how it looks. Vain, moi? :blush

i bought a cheap open face to see if i liked... i loved it..... i have just bought a Marushin Jet... i liked it cos they have built a very dark visor into it which slides out of sight into the helmet when not in use......

i use it all the time now, even on the GS

If you want to know if you'd like wearing an open face the cheap way is to stand in front of a mirror and beat yourself in the face repeatedly with a wire brush :aidan

You could be in for shock and not so impressed once you ride the HD, remember your GS has a screen, so it will be quieter and you don't have the wind blast. riding the Street Bob turns you into a sail and you catch the full force of the wind in your face. Open face is great for a slow poodle about town, but for distance and speed work I would stick with a full face. However you could get a quick release touring screen and wear the open face all the time. A lot of HD riders use the Roof Boxer with a flip up chin bar that rotates all the way to the back of the helmet and turns it into an open face, you then get the best of both worlds. I have one of these but find it an instrument of torture, it is really heavy and Not too comfortable, but then I do have a big fat head.

Matt black [URL="http://www.designerhelmets.com/proddetail.php?art_no=MOM_ESS_BLK&prod=Essenziale&cat=Momo&info=3&sale=0"]MOMO[/URL].

But i used to wear it before i got my harley.

And i sometimes wear a leather open face :ymca , a £35 special from brick lane which I expect offers as much protection as wearing half a walnut shell on your bonce

ddgoza.jpg

here's my hard arsed effort....

here's my Harley bad arsed look.....

It kind of goes with my number plate!!!!!

Attachments

• Optimized-16032012 042.JPG
    Optimized-16032012 042.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Optimized-16032012 045.JPG
    Optimized-16032012 045.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 311
You are quite right, it doesn't meet the current standards, but hey you are a Harley rider and a rebel without a CLUE :ymca

It's a much lower profile and leather lined. So the downside is lower protection and a sweaty head in hot weather, the upside is how it looks. Vain, moi? :blush

Fixed...!

I see the rot has set in.....Image conscious already:blast

Kill yourself now, before your relations and others start to laugh at you:D

I usually wear jeans and t shirt and whichever lid is nearest......Yer never ride a Harley fast enough to do any real damage and if you do, you are on the wrong bike:thumb2

Assless chaps obligatory......:cool:

Back
Top Bottom