Rear wheel bearing

dxwalt

Reaction score
Hi, I've just discovered that the rear wheel bearing is on the way out. I can't see how to get at the bearing and wondered if anyone on the forum has changed the bearings yet. do I need any special tools?. If its looking to complicated I will take a trip to the garage.
David

I had a wheel bearing collapse yesterday out on the trails so I need to get a Wheel bearing kit and would like some help too do they do replacment kit or do you have to buy thing seperatly coz mine loos a bit mangled now.

Dave - I do my own bearings.

I use this website and get the bearing and seals after a couple of days.

www.simplybearings.co.uk

For the bearings search for 619052RS1 - the replacement is the SKF bearing and worth the money. There are others on there at half the price but they last less than half as long, trust me I've tried them! You need 3 bearings for the rear and two for the front.

I use the same site for the seals, you need to enter the dimensions 32X42X7. I get the seal with the garter spring as it makes a better seal with the space and is a no price option to the seals without. You need two per wheel.

As for fitting them at home, you can manage without a bearing slide puller if you handy with bearings but I would not recommend it. Also remember there is a retaining circlip on each wheel hub that will need to be removed (on the left as you are on the bike) to remove the one of the bearings.

As you live down the road, you can borrow my puller if you want or pop over it will take about 15mins per wheel. Depends how quickly you want them done....

Keeps the inner spacer central and language moderate

Back
Top Bottom