Dunlaoghaire Port directions

GFC

Reaction score
Hi all, me and wife are heading to Dunlaoghaire Port for the midday ferry on Thursday. Not having been there before what would be the easiest/quickest way to get there on 2 bikes coming from the North on the motorway, round the M50 or what?

Cheers

M1 straight all the way. Through the port tunnel. Then follow the signs.
here's AA route planner from Newry though.

1BD4B4AC-0146-43CB-A67F-E3586415F6BD-4299-000001B7CA514151.jpg

9FEA8ABD-6EE3-450F-8BD6-19D6A5DC799F-4299-000001B81FB0B5A6.jpg

66C33060-1215-4A24-8CB6-4EB498A0F80C-4299-000001B8DE25F7F5.jpg

C9B5922F-8860-4D8C-A744-2612534F4B1A-4299-000001B8DFBE4938.jpg

4686BFF5-046C-4470-A3D0-0FED4E60554D-4299-000001B9779CF566.jpg

5C831F5E-7992-4743-B8A5-462D304B699B-4299-000001B979697052.jpg

173A59F4-890F-473D-870D-AA3B7D096F10-4299-000001B97ABA5000.jpg

10 euro to use the tunnel and its 3 miles ffs

use the m50 round to leopardtown juct 13 up the R113 to blackrock then turn right onto N31 anad you cant miss it

using the mway it 20 miles more but only take 6-7 mins extra

newry to leopardstown 45 mins tops :D

Hi all, me and wife are heading to Dunlaoghaire Port for the midday ferry on Thursday. Not having been there before what would be the easiest/quickest way to get there on 2 bikes coming from the North on the motorway, round the M50 or what?

Cheers

George 2 options that I have used to avoid the tunnel used but Hopefully Electric-Monk, Jockser and Ogmios and any knowledgeable traveller will be by in a moment to comment

I don't like tunnels as a rule and use my old route for when I worked in Dub

If you go off the off ramp at the tunnel and follow the signs for Drumcondra

Then your options are to go to just before the railway bridge crosses the N1 and turn left onto Clonliffe Road and it's a pretty straight run to the East wall and the East Toll Bridge Where I "Think" bikes are free but need confirmation from the locals

Or

On Down to Gardiner street and down onto NorthWall Quay leading east to the east toll bridge again

They used to be fairly quick moving and not the busiest but I haven't driven round Dub at mid-day for a long time

P.S. GLC is me bro in law and is more used to navigatin with a couple of hundred souls sitting in coach behind him whilst just a tad more height off the road than his ST1100 :aidan

10 euro to use the tunnel and its 3 miles ffs

use the m50 round to leopardtown juct 13 up the R113 to blackrock then turn right onto N31 anad you cant miss it

using the mway it 20 miles more but only take 6-7 mins extra

newry to leopardstown 45 mins tops :D

Should only be €3 each at the time he'll be going through. I'll check though.

Just googled it.

Southbound
€10.00 between 6 a.m to 10 a.m.*Monday to Friday

€3.00 at all other times

Northbound
€10.00 between*4 p.m to 7p.m Monday to Friday

€3.00 at all other times

Your going for the mid day ferry so it'll be €3 each for you and the misses.

Good Call Eric

I didn't think it was that dear but didn't know what ya called it to google it

Definitely a better call than the surface routes at that price

Just googled it.

Southbound
€10.00 between 6 a.m to 10 a.m.*Monday to Friday

€3.00 at all other times

Northbound
€10.00 between*4 p.m to 7p.m Monday to Friday

€3.00 at all other times

Your going for the mid day ferry so it'll be €3 each for you and the misses.

If you go off the off ramp at the tunnel and follow the signs for Drumcondra

Then your options are to go to just before the railway bridge crosses the N1 and turn left onto Clonliffe Road and it's a pretty straight run to the East wall and the East Toll Bridge Where I "Think" bikes are free but need confirmation from the locals

Or

On Down to Gardiner street and down onto NorthWall Quay leading east to the east toll bridge again

Yes, the East Link toll bridge is free for bikes - just keep to the left and there's a narrow, barrier free, lane for 2 wheelers.

I'd go for the East Link route too but I'd turn left down Collins Ave or Griffith Ave to avoid the congestion on Drumcondra Road. Of course you could make use of the bus lanes :augie

The West Link toll bridge on the M50 is also free for bikes.

The tunnel is deadly in the aircoach where you don't pay anything extra. On a bike, why would you?

Is the westlink free "officially" for bikes ?

Ignore all those other suggestions, they haven’t a clue sure most of them are from Russia. :eek

If you don’t want to get lost follow these directions, I should know I live here. :thumb2

Take the M50 off the M1 and continue all the way on the M50 to exit 16.

Continue straight all the way until you come to a bloody big round-a-bout (about 1.5 miles) and take the second exit. (Graduate pub will be in front of you)

Continue down until the next round-a-bout and take the third exit. Go all the way to the bottom of the road and the sea will be in front out you turn left and you’ll see the Ferry Port.

Simples :aidan

Ignore all those other suggestions, they haven’t a clue sure most of them are from Russia. :eek

If you don’t want to get lost follow these directions, I should know I live here. :thumb2

Continue straight all the way until you come to a bloody big round-a-bout (about 1.5 miles) and take the second exit. (Graduate pub will be in front of you)

Continue down until the next round-a-bout and take the third exit. Go all the way to the bottom of the road and the sea will be in front out you turn left and you’ll see the Ferry Port.

Bloody southsiders think they know it all :jibber

Interestingly, Google Maps shows the Eastlink route (not using the tunnel)from the M1/M50 junction as 20km with 27min travel time, the Westlink route around the M50 as 39.7km with 35 min travel time. However it's easier for two bikes to stay together on the latter.

Bloody southsiders think they know it all :jibber

Interestingly, Google Maps shows the Eastlink route (not using the tunnel)from the M1/M50 junction as 20km with 27min travel time, the Westlink route around the M50 as 39.7km with 35 min travel time. However it's easier for two bikes to stay together on the latter.

Allow me to assist you there Lorcan .............. WE DO:p

Its probably best to go via Drogheda, Navan, Trim, Naas, Blessington, Tallaght then M50 and avoid the north side of Dublin completely.:hide

Loath though I am to admit it on a public interweb forum I have to agree with my Southside colleague :blast

Good point well made young man :JB

Its probably best to go via Drogheda, Navan, Trim, Naas, Blessington, Tallaght then M50 and avoid the north side of Dublin completely.:hide

Back
Top Bottom