your old varios on new w/c bike

flying circus

Reaction score
looking round the new w/c 1200 at nec show, well it is very,very good. noticed that one of the show bikes was fitted with vario panniers and top box suppose this could save you up to a thousand pounds if you p/ex your hexhead but keep your luggage, i thought this was good when you consider that the new bike is all new.

looking round the new w/c 1200 at nec show, well it is very,very good. noticed that one of the show bikes was fitted with vario panniers and top box suppose this could save you up to a thousand pounds if you p/ex your hexhead but keep your luggage, i thought this was good when you consider that the new bike is all new.

You might need a trip to the opticians first.

You must have looked at the bike through a mirror over your shoulder not to notice that the cutout for the exhaust is reversed in comparison to the so called 'hex head' ( who came up with that stupid name?). Also, the fitting for the panniers are completely different. So the only way to save your notional thousand pounds is not to buy the new ones at all.
Alan R

Took this picture today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 810
It's a pain that the luggage from the current 12 won't fit, but I'm guessing that anyone with Touratech or other ally boxes will be able to just get new brackets and use their existing boxes.:nenau

It's a pain that the luggage from the current 12 won't fit, but I'm guessing that anyone with Touratech or other ally boxes will be able to just get new brackets and use their existing boxes.:nenau

The Hexhead ally ones have a cut out for the exhaust, so thye'll be in the same boat i guess

Look closely enough and you will also notice that the mounting system for varios has been completely changed, maybe to the same system as the 800 ?

The good news for the alloy box owners is that at least they can be cut and welded. Probably just a couple of hours work and a good welder should make a good looking job. You could also just pop rivet and goo if your really tight.

The good news for the alloy box owners is that at least they can be cut and welded. Probably just a couple of hours work and a good welder should make a good looking job. You could also just pop rivet and goo if your really tight.

Not with these.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 675
Nah they don`t fit

I initially had the same concern - will I be able to transfer my vario`s over? Within minutes (which is fast for me) I realsied they wont fit.

Have ordered a set with my new WC but they can`t tell me how much.........................

I am thinking of designing and making something which will allow my Ali GSA panniers to fit the new WC..............

I initially had the same concern - will I be able to transfer my vario`s over? Within minutes (which is fast for me) I realsied they wont fit.

Have ordered a set with my new WC but they can`t tell me how much.........................

I am thinking of designing and making something which will allow my Ali GSA panniers to fit the new WC..............

I'm surprised you haven't designed and put your own panniers into production Mark.:nenau I'd be interested:thumb:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom