Oxtar mx boots part 2

Septic

Reaction score
ehoooo

One thursday i went out a bought a pair of oxtar tcx comp
boots for £189. Top boots loads of surport and look the bollox.

BUT and as you can see its a big but
at the back of the boots and on the side there is plastic
moldings designed to surport you leg and ankle.these also
stop you from changing gear up or down ive adjusted the gesr lever to compensate.
Question is.. will the boots bed in or will i be walking and riding like the terminator for the forseable future?

stevie:confused: ;) :confused: :confused: :confused:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
attachment.php

:D :D

Hi,I have had 2 pairs of MX boots (not Oxtar) took an age to break in. Stick with them they should loosen up. The ankle joints on mine were so stiff I could barely walk, they will be comfortable one day !

Cheers

Duncan

I have the same problem with my Sidi Flexforce SRS. I haven't worn them on the bike as yet as there's no way I could ride the VFR in them. However, the 1200 is delived in a couple of weeks so I'd like to get them broken in a bit. So far I've resorted to wearing them around the house just in case I wasn't going to get on with them and had to sell them on.

I'm just about to put them on to warm them up and then set to them with a cloth and old tin of liquid Nikwax from under the kitchen sink.

I've got the Oxtar Gortex road boots with the same plastic bits on them, don't use the grease supplied but use WD40, mine were useable quicker this way.

Snooky said:
I've got the Oxtar Gortex road boots with the same plastic bits on them, don't use the grease supplied but use WD40, mine were useable quicker this way.

Silicon spray works best.

Back
Top Bottom