Huge................

arcboutant

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On May 28, 2008, Adam LeWinter and Director Jeff Orlowski filmed a historic breakup at the Ilulissat Glacier in Western Greenland. The calving event lasted for 75 minutes and the glacier retreated a full mile across a calving face three miles wide. The height of the ice is about 3,000 feet, 300-400 feet above water and the rest below water.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_t...n_sized_iceberg_calve_off_from_greenland.html

Well bugger me ... Scientists know that Greenland is melting as the earth warms. And I thought it was the ice that was melting. It really is worse that we thought.

FFS this was the Guardian.

Pretty dramatic footage there but I wish that scientists would stop telling us that ice is melting and get on with the important stuff like inventing those hover cars we were promised in the 70's or inventing drink that doesn't give you a hangover.

Pretty dramatic footage there but I wish that scientists would stop telling us that ice is melting and get on with the important stuff like inventing those hover cars we were promised in the 70's or inventing drink that doesn't give you a hangover.

Yup! Hovercars - definately Hovercars! :bow

"What do we want!"

"Hovercars!"

"When do we want it!"

"Now!"

Al :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom