LC interst rates

chasbmw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had a look at the LCD at my local Bristol dealer and they are charging 13.8% on the 3 year deal. This is much higher than BMW were charging last year for the old models.

Is this generally negotiable?

C

Interest rates confuse me. However i am sure that i have been offered 3 years at 3.25% from Allan Jeffries through BMW finance. I think that equates to something like 6%. Either way it's way cheaper than what you have been quoted.

I had a look at the LCD at my local Bristol dealer and they are charging 13.8% on the 3 year deal. This is much higher than BMW were charging last year for the old models.

Is this generally negotiable?

C

in a nutshell...... Yes......

Get a bank Loan, much cheaper... unless you want the Balloon to lower your monthly payments...... but, remember you pay interest on that too.....and if you refinance... well, you pay interest on that as well.......:D

I suddenly noticed the interest rate when I saw that the total cost of the bike including interest etc etc was £17.8k, which I really thought was a bit rich.
The showroom was empty........

Sainsbury are offering personal loans at 5.2% at the moment, and you can apply online easy peasy!

I suddenly noticed the interest rate when I saw that the total cost of the bike including interest etc etc was £17.8k, which I really thought was a bit rich.
I was in there today booking in the twin cam for it's service, sat on it but still in tippy toes with the seat at its lowest. I also looked at the price 17k !! the salesman offered to order me a low suspension version, er no ta!:augie

Is that not a dealer trying to cash in on new LC. Inflate the % to make some extra cash. Most dealer make a % on the finance also.

Either way, thats just crazy money.

I bought my approved used R1200GSA from North Oxford BMW last October.

It was 4 years old and I paid half cash and the remainder was BMW finance at 6%.

I was very pleased with that :thumb2

Jon

car dealers and I suspect bike dealers too, when talking interest rates, usually give the flat rate, which is generally approx half the APR rate.:thumb I think that's right:blast

I had a look at the LCD at my local Bristol dealer and they are charging 13.8% on the 3 year deal......

I've found that interest rates can vary quite a bit between dealers as they seem to have a number of options to choose from when building a finance package. I've found Cotswold BMW pretty helpful in this respect, for example last week they quoted a 3 year "Motorrad Low Rate Select" PCP at 7.7% APR. It wasn't on the new LC, but it's still worth asking. :thumb2

JESUS !!! you need to be rich !! ffs thats a lot of money for something thats not either exotic, rare or collectible . its turns a run of the mill GS into a a really expensive way to get around:blast

unless you but a new basic model for £11k cash which isnt so bad :thumb

Back
Top Bottom