2610 on 1200GS

Lunsarboy

I am about to order a 2610 for my 12gs but having read and searched the forum have not been able to find too much info on the mounting of the 2610 on a 12gs. I saw some have mounted it with a Ram kit on the bar above the dials.
I would like to know what other options are out there. Any comments on Adventure Motorcycling's Stud mount.

Thanks Lunsarboy

Lunsarboy said:
I am about to order a 2610 for my 12gs but having read and searched the forum have not been able to find too much info on the mounting of the 2610 on a 12gs. I saw some have mounted it with a Ram kit on the bar above the dials.
I would like to know what other options are out there. Any comments on Adventure Motorcycling's Stud mount.

Thanks Lunsarboy

Hi Lunsarboy

Here's one option: http://www.motorradconcepts.com/bmwr1200gs.htm#gps01

Cheers

Dutch

I have just fitted a 2610 to my 1200 and have used the Motorrad Concepts mount, it fits neatly above the dials, is easy to glance at without being a distraction.

The mount is nicely engineered and the service from Dutchman was excellent.

I did a lot of research and feel I have made the right decision.

Clive

As you can see I've used the MC mount and am very pleased with the result. The only comment I have is that I can only lower the screen as far as the middle position. This however, does'nt cause me any propblems. You will see from the pics that I have had to modify it slightly by removing the existing studs and drilling and counterboring new holes in order to fit the Touratech Dash Panel. Normally the fixings are concealed on the underside of the mount out of sight. All in all, its a very good piece of kit which is solid, secure and keeps the 2610 well sheltered from the elements.

Attachments

• gps-autocom-002.jpg
    gps-autocom-002.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 234
Thanks for the replies it seems the choices are MC unit or Ram but both above the clocks.

Another question can someone just confirm that on the power/audio lead the Audio jack is a standard 3.5mm jack. Sorry for all the questions but here in Madrid impossible to find anywhere to see these things.

Thanks

gs-tank-5.jpg

I have mine mounted on the handlebar close to the mirror, see more pics here
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36972

After lots of experimentation, I've since changed the RAM arm to a longer 5.25-in one which brings the Garmin much closer, and moved the video camera to the right.

Tim

Thanks Lunsarboy [/B]

I've gone that route, I like the idea of the screen being near to my face if I really need to have a look at it. Plus not having to stretch to reach the buttons / screen. It's now adjusted to a) miss the tank bag b) be clear of the speedo c) still readable. I do like the idea that you don't have a whole host of bits bolted to the handlebars which must affect the handling in some way.

Not done many miles with it in its current configuration, so I wont say it's the answer. I'll try and post a photo of it later.

The audio jack socket on the power/audio lead is standard 3.5 and fits the jack plug on the Autocom GPS audio lead. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom