SNOW RUN THIS YEAR?

retroman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a 'post xmas rideout to escape the in-laws' this year ... if so when, and who is at the front?

retroman said:
Is there a 'post xmas rideout to escape the in-laws' this year ... if so when, and who is at the front?

Isn't that Gerry's job? :eek:

Or don't you fancy exeter :rolleyes: :D

Weekends are going to be difficult as the Sundays are Christmas day and New Years day respectively. I'm not sure I want to do a big rideout on New Years Eve.

OK, so what about Friday December 30th? Usual place - Abergavenny Bus Station, usual time - 10:00 for a 10:30(ish) departure.

I suspect we will do something like last year - split up into two groups, end up for lunch at that cafe whose location I can't remember, then the lightweight wimps like me go home after lunch and the hardcore go off into the mountains for the rest of the afternoon. So I guess we need two volunteers to lead. I don't know the area well enough to plan or lead a route.

EDIT - I just realised the cafe is the West End Cafe at Llandovery.

Mike

Fine by me

I will sort out a route.

Maybe rehash last year or do in reverse as not many got to see the last half!!!!

cheers

Gerry H.

Gerry,

if you could let me know the date, sooner rather than later, it would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

Vern said:
Let me guess who the tail end charlie is going to be then :beer: :thumb

Well it won't be me, cause I'll be burning rubber across the Sahara aboard my C90 :dabone

So let's decide the date and get it posted to the South West, Wales and West Midlands forums.

Reply before the end of the day on Wednesday this week with your preference and we will use Vern's tried and tested decision making methodology to determine the date i.e. tp ignore any we don't agree with :D

Mike

retroman said:

I'm up for it and I don't even have in-laws!

Steve B

I object in the stongest possible way.....

I don't know why, but it gets really boring when everyone agrees all the time,so I'll object on the grounds that no one else has yet.Now let that be an end to it once and for all purple monkey dishwasher :eek:

Provisional Route

Rehash of last years route, but running anti clockwise.

Food stop at Crossgates.

In the event of adverse weather we can omit Gospel Pass.

cheers

Gerry H.

Attachments

• Snow Run.gdb
    88.5 KB · Views: 84
Gerry Huxtable said:
Rehash of last years route, but running anti clockwise.
Nice.

I'll cross post into South West & West Midlands.

Mike

Yes I'll be there - especially if its anti-clockwise cos I hate right handers!

we'll be there

Sue and I will be there :D

Vern' lets hope we can do better this year!!!!! Last year it was a mad dash back to Worc' in the dark, you with dodgy lights, me trying to overshoot corners in the dark, but it was quite quick, hopefully a few more can get to the end :D :D
:mcgun :mcgun but you make a great tail end charlie :mcgun :mcgun

If anyone is interested :
8-10am Junction 5 M5 Mickey Dees
8-30 am Mickey dees carpark by Worcester Bridge (Tybridge st)

Sensible brisk ride to Abergavenny via Hereford(especially if Vern joins in with his HP2) :eek .

The lunch stop last year was Llandovery :thumb and a great day out it was, dont miss it :thumb :thumb :beer: :beer:

Back
Top Bottom