Quest Mount - The Cheapest Route

Dellis

Reaction score
Having been looking at the various posts with regard to the expense of fitting a Quest I thought I'd share my method.

Having bought a RAM mount for my old Streetpilot 3 I happened to ask in a BMW dealer about the mount they used for their versions of the Garmin, it turns out to be a split nylon block that clamps around the handlebar brace. The best part was the cost £10. The Streetpilot was subsequently sold to be replaced by a Quest, bought the Quest motorcycle cradle, around £45, which shares the same mounting holes as the Streetpilot.

I've just spent the last half hour reading the photo posting instructions, downloading Irfanview and signing upto Photobucket. Hopefully this will work and you'll see some pictures????

I've only had this, my second GS, for a month hence the low mileage. Still got my old GS which is for sale...

QuestMount03.jpg
[/IMG]

I use a Baglux tank bag and the Quest still falls within my line of sight.

QuestMount02.jpg
[/IMG]

QuestMount01.jpg
[/IMG]

This is looking good. Fingers crossed that it works.......

I'm thinking of going down the same route as you, although SPC quoted me £11.50 for the crossbar mount. Have you got the part number of the one you bought by any chance?
Have you tried out the Garmin mount yet as a few others on here have had problems with losing connection intermittently?

Could have been just over a tenner? I haven't got the part number the box is long gone.

I've done about 8000 miles with this mount, most of those on my previous GS, with no problems whatsoever.

Dave

"Having bought a RAM mount* for my old Streetpilot 3.."

This mount* RAM-B-149Z-G1 comprises three parts, U-bolt (RAM-B-231Z), arm (RAM-B-201) and round base (RAM-B-202) plus screw pack. These same mount parts can be used to hold the garmin's own SPIII, 2610 and Quest holder mounts. To attach to handlebar brace or crossbar (< 3/4" diam rail) .. all you need is a RAP-319 shim adaptor (< £2) to adapt existing RAM mount parts.

RAM-man

Back
Top Bottom