Hello from Germany

Cowrider

Since 1 week, i´m a proudly owner of a 1150 Adv. :D
One of my next Trips will be to Purfleet (Darts Championship) in december, but I think for this journey I´ll take the airplane !
I will observe this forum from time to time, maybe its possible to arrange a meeting somewhere :beerjug:

So long...
André

PS: in Germany BMW-Motorcycles are called "Gummi-Kuh". (rubber-cow).
Do you also know this term in the UK ???

No idea to make it correct, but the time to try more often !

Hi Andrè!

Welcome! :)

I'm living in Norway, and we call the BMW boxers ''gummiku''!
'''Gummi'' = rubber, and ''ku'' = cow.
But why do we call it gummiku? I think it is because BMW was out before the japs and Brits with a good suspension, and then the bike felt soft - like rubber. Am I right?
Don't know, rally. :nenau
I don't think they call the new BMW boxer gummiku... I think.

Well, I'm sure it is only the boxers! Not the K's and F's!

:beer: Skål!

:) Liv.

Gruissig aus Belgien Andre - rubber cow sounds bout right to me :D

Hello and welcome :thumb

Gummi Bears are tasty :D

Wilkommen

Wilkommen Cowrider,

Ich wohne in Deutschland auch,aus Paderborn.

Hier ist wirklich freundlich,Viel Spass

Macca :thumb

Cowrider said:
@KTM 520 !

Do you drive a KTM 520 EXC ???
Me too :beerjug:

Yup, I'm over here for 6 months. Plan is to bring the GS 12 over here in March. Too far for the KTM! Is there much off road riding near lux/German border?

Bike

luke scott said:
Aha ! A board member from Germany to help me buy my next bike in Germany. You are very welcome.

Thats where I just got my last of 2005 model from. Still here with it. Got My BM system panniers here too.Nice and Cheap. The Way I like To Buy It :thumb

Macca

I´ll try to explain in english ! :bounce1

"Gummikuh" means special bikes manufactured by BMW. The bikes with Boxermotor (R-series) are called "Gummikuh" , because the early ones lifted the rump when the bikes accelerated.
This happend because they used a cardan shaft instead of a chain for the power transmission.
Furthermore they wobbled from the left to the right in the neutral position.

This Term comes from the legendary german bike-journalist "Ernst Leverkus" (*1923 +1998), called "Klacks".

During a test-drive he noticed that the rear suspension got harder when he accelerated. He held the cardan-shaft responsible for this effect!
Further the rear of the bike lifted up, just like a cow that first lifts the butt :peach: when getting up. All this happend before the Paralever was introduced.

That´s the reason why we call some of them "Gummikuh" or just Kuh (Q).

André

luke scott said:
Aha ! A board member from Germany to help me buy my next bike in Germany. You are very welcome.

Hi luke scott,

no problem, may be YOU or someone else can help me to get two tickets for the dart championchip 2006 in Purfleet :nenau

Back
Top Bottom