New in exiting gs world!!

Vboksi

Hi all. I've been in the uk for 7 years now, met a couple of SA GS boys and my life has changed completely. Have done a few trips last year in uk, started with a F650 and now proud owner of 1 and a half gs adv, the half is a bike I bought of a friend, but still needs loads of attention... Any suggestions on where to find 2nd hand parts greatly appreciated

How do I make a donation to this wunderfull site?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Regards
Van

Vboksi said:
now proud owner of 1 and a half gs adv, the half is a bike I bought of a friend, but still needs loads of attention...

Hi - is your half a bike a burnt ADV ;) . It is isn't it

Hello Van :thumb

Welcome matey....a most impressive speed in becoming a Site Sponsor :D

Enjoy the site,and enjoy being a GSer too !! :beerjug:

Hi Uncle steptoe, u'r spot on, I need help and loads of it, did call mswork, but they've got only new parts, doesn't suit my pocket... You know what I mean.
Regards
Van

Vboksi said:
Hi Uncle steptoe, u'r spot on, I need help and loads of it, did call mswork, but they've got only new parts, doesn't suit my pocket... You know what I mean.
Regards
Van

i know the bike ;) - i had all the parts and more, that were needed last year, all for £1000, including ADV forks, absolutely everything.

Lots of it gone now - remind me what you need, and i'll have another rummage and see what i've got.

Thanks Steptoe, I need to get u'r address, I know you can get it sortted timmig ect. Then you can help me with parts, I think I'm asking for 2 much parts, ms works don't understand me 2 well, but thanks for helping me, I'll 100% come to you 1st.
Regards
Van

Good morning Steptoe
This is what I've got at the moment, With clutch & front brake handle units, left side throttle body, right hand switch gear, alternator, starter and seat in garage.
My pictures are to big, but basicaly its just the engine, gearbox, swinging arm and frame that I've got. Airbox, ignition coil, control unit, beak, oilcooler, petroltank, lights, dashboard complete with brackets, ect all gone. The rear luggage rack, seat bracket disappeared as well.
Thanks for your interest and help so far.
Regards
Van

Vboksi said:
Good morning Steptoe
This is what I've got at the moment, With clutch & front brake handle units, left side throttle body, right hand switch gear, alternator, starter and seat in garage.
My pictures are to big, but basicaly its just the engine, gearbox, swinging arm and frame that I've got. Airbox, ignition coil, control unit, beak, oilcooler, petroltank, lights, dashboard complete with brackets, ect all gone. The rear luggage rack, seat bracket disappeared as well.
Thanks for your interest and help so far.
Regards
Van

I can do a lot of those parts . Is it twin spark, the control units are different to single spark bikes.

BEWARE WHEN WORKING ON A FIRE DAMAGED VEHICLE

Any seals and O rings in a fire damaged engine are likely to release HYDROFLUORIC ACID which causes decomposition of the flesh and may lead to kidney failure.

Only work on such a vehicle while wearing NITRILE gloves.

Hi Steptoe, its a single spark, I've forgot to mention that I've got the wiring loom.
Thanks
Van

Thank you for the good advice Tarka, will get me the gloves.
Cheers
Van

Back
Top Bottom