fuel consumption

kamae

what do u gsers get to a tank on average.im reading that some of u get 200m atank.im lucky if i get 180 a tank and thats a roads and m/way,urban i get 140-150 max.got y piece.bb chip and remus road can fitted.dealer says its the chip thats eating the fuel.any tips. cheers.

I think the most important thing that affects fuel consumption is how you ride. I gererally get around 200 miles before I see the glow of the warning light. However..... I usually ride with my wife as pillion and therfore try to ride smoothly and at a reasonable pace. Let loose on my own, specially since I fitted TKC's with their phenomenal levels of grip I have seen as low as 160 from a tank.

On motorways and other main roads, riding at anything over 80mph has a dramatic affect on consumption on any unfaired bike.

I would also guess that since having the chip fitted you have been just itching to try out that extra power and have therefore been somewhat heavier on the throttle ?????

I generally get around 165-170, riding quite hard, but with the doris on the back this goes up to 185+ despite the extra weight.

Moral: more weight = better economy - fill those panniers up!

Is there a flaw in this reasoning?

About 150 before my flickering friend sparks up. Mind you I ride it like I stole it, Yee hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting somewhere between 160 - 170 miles out of my GSA tank (Yep 30 litres!) that's just riding it to work and back, about 3 miles each way across town. (So lucky if I get out of forth)

Seems pretty bad to me, but it was the same before I removed the cat.

it get's much better on a run though.

Rees

With the bb chip your fuel consumption will go up but where(town or motorway) and speed you ride at will govern by how much.

ITBeast said:
I'm getting somewhere between 160 - 170 miles out of my GSA tank (Yep 30 litres!) that's just riding it to work and back, about 3 miles each way across town. (So lucky if I get out of forth)

Seems pretty bad to me, but it was the same before I removed the cat.

it get's much better on a run though.

Rees

Jesus :eek:

I get < 200 when thrashing, and up to 250 when not riding quite so quickly (not very often then) out of my GSA.

Methinks the low 6th doesn't do it any favours though...

The bike is just starting to loosen up nicely now though (10k)

I'm getting about 150 miles out of mine driving through S.E. London, using roughly 18 litres. Would I be correct in presuming thats about 4 gallons?

AlexV said:
I'm getting about 150 miles out of mine driving through S.E. London, using roughly 18 litres. Would I be correct in presuming thats about 4 gallons?

Yes you would and 37.5 mpg for London commuting isn't bad going.

Might be a bit more useful to quote mpg, rather than miles per tankful. Some people fill their tanks to the bottom of the filler neck, others fill to the brim, some have std tanks, others have Advs etc. Equally, some people have fitted R1100R speedo drives, which record mileage accurately than the std '10% over' version.

My Adv does about 39 mpg when I flog it (90ish cruise) and about 43 mpg during a normal, brisk, ride. That used to be 43 & 47 respectively before I fitted the new speedo drive.......
The above figures are with Touratech 41 litre Zega bags fitted, the aerodynamics of which, I'm convinced, cost me quite a lot of fuel.

MikeO:)

How Many......?

It's all in the wrist action:D

If I get less than 200 to a tankful, I'm looking for a hole in me tank!!

I don't tend to pootle around, just keep the speed I have, me brake pads need introducing to the discs..... occasionally;)

I've ridden with others that are getting 10+ mpg less than me yet we are together for the same journey, strange?

Use the Torque and the bike does it for you!

I'm not into saving the Planet stuff but I am into saving dosh!:)

Hailwood was my hero, smooth and no up and down the gearbox for the hell of it , the business!!

Ride like you mean it!

Would you use and abuse a gorgeous Lassie?........nah, you'd measure your input (if you dare) for the best results and get the greatest Satisfaction as result, so to speak!!

Herewith endeth the deep and meaningful contribution!:rolleyes:

CC

:cool:

miles to tank?

just got 250 totank,warning light @225, always with dog on board and 50 mls 3up. wife and dog. even included some riding over the heather chasing a black pheasant,only wanted a closer look! Good fun bike even when going slow at times.:cool:

I'm a 200 man myself (in winter commuting) with probably plenty to spare as my warning light comes on at about 185. but now the dry weather is here it will start droping I'm sure of it.....

but I also fill up with a gentle rocking action to get the most in to the tank, usually 21L. I've considered how odd I must look already thanks!

Scurrel no joke on dog, she loves the bike nd as soon as I get bike kit on she hangs about my leg. Had to get her put on my new insurance policy,they wouldnt believe me." bichon ina baglux on a bm" seriously good fun. Camping ,fishing,boating and even snorkelling she follows. will try and post some pictures,likes wheelies and stoppies! no kids scurrel.

excellent..

a dog riding gser..

loverly..

:)

where do you put her in the baglux?

nuts.. lol

pthagonal

If I was getting through petrol like some of you are,I'd be looking for a hole as well. Prepare to be pissed off one and all. My fuel light comes on at 235-240, and the tank runs dry at about 280-285. When the other half was learning to ride,and I was trailing around after her at 40-60mph all day, I managed 387 before it died (I had a can on the back) The 1150s drink it like no ones business compared to the 1100. My bike has still got the original plastic tank on it, which holds 27 ltrs from empty (including new filter):D

Back
Top Bottom